iPad 2 has bugs

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ThReMiX, Mar 20, 2011.

1. ThReMiX macrumors member

I see a few threads about iPad 2 freezing, or crashing, and so on. I for one agree, and will be looking in to how to fix these bug.

The iPad 2 has had more crashes, freezes , and just plain weird things than my iPad 1.

For me, I use pages for school papers, and my main reason to upgrade was to have pages run smoother, well, this has not been the case, it keeps crashing. I read that this is caused by a back up of the old iPad, is there any one here with these kind of problems that has cleared every thing and started from a fresh iPad 2?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I've noticed 4.3 does some funky things as well.

3. bmat macrumors 6502

More likely than not is is 4.3.

I get crashes on certain things -- like when redirected from Safari to YouTube.

4. Bigchris macrumors member

I only have problems with the Safari to YouTube issue.

5. ThReMiX thread starter macrumors member

Pages is really sluggish, more so than iPad 1

6. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

I have this issue with iPad 1 and 4.3

7. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Well... It's way faster on mine, so there must be some issue with your unit.

8. seanpholman macrumors regular

9. DeanSolecki macrumors member

I've had a lot of recurring problems with any sort of embedded/safari to youtube video. Sometimes the playback is glitchy and other times it crashes. Pages has not caused me any problems that I can recall and I have not experienced issues with freezing or "anything weird".

My iPhone 4 has significantly more problems, although I've always restored it from a backup so there may be something to that. In fact, I'm going to restore to default now. :\

10. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Yes... Safari crashes allot when using YouTube.

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

My iPad 1 on 4.3 had issues all the time but I have not had a single problem with my iPad2. It has performed without flaw and as I have been unable to put it down for days now, I would know if there was a problem. Used You Tube and every app that I can throw at it and the iPad2 has done is as well if not better than the iPad1.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If the iPad 2 has bugs, then its a hardware design issue that may not be easily corrected. If iOS has bugs, then its easily addressed by apple.

Intermittent performance issues, and apps crashing are usually indicative of an OS issue not hardware problem.

FWIW, my iPad 1 does not exhibit any of these tendencies, but it still could be some sort of incompatibility in iOS and the iPad2's hardware.,

13. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

14. Mshilling macrumors regular

I'm not sure how these 2 are related but I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread ;)

15. Rafterman macrumors 68000

I have had no problems, despite using a lot of apps. But then again, I did not restore, I built it fresh. I don't trust restores from one version of a device to another Same thing when going from iPhone 3GS to 4.

16. vstephenson macrumors member

Plus 1 for that

17. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I've had a safari problem 5 times now where a page is loaded but only the top inch shows, the rest is white and the white block stays there after any refresh or loading of other pages. I have to quit & restart safari. That and a few embedded YouTube videos are glitchy.

18. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

My issues with 4.3/iPad 2:

-Sometimes after hitting play on a youtube video embedded into a webpage the video will play, but I can't bring up the video controls to pause or make it fullscreen.
    -GarageBand completely froze on me once while using the keyboard and required a full reboot. I didn't lose any data however.
    - Safari seems to crash a lot more then it used to, I'm guessing this is related to bugs in the new Nitro JS engine.
    - I had a strange safari glitch where the top part of the page loaded but when I went to switch tabs the tab window was overlaid on top of the web page I was viewing, Safari then crashed.

Other than those issues it has been pretty smooth. And an app crashing on iOS isn't nearly as detrimental as on the desktop as each one only takes less than half a second to open anyways.

EDIT: This is on a fresh iPad 2, I didn't restore from my iPad 1 backup.

19. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Tip for first problem: in the embedded video pinch outwards. Than the video will play full screen, inclusive controls. So pinch like if you are zooming in in the maps app.

20. ThReMiX, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

ThReMiX thread starter macrumors member

I will try to delete & reload pages, as it was unusable last night.