iPad 2 Headphone jack

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rynep, Mar 3, 2011.

1. rynep macrumors newbie

rynep

I'm concerned about the headphone jack for the new iPad. From the design it looks to have the tapered look of the original iPhone. That means you can only use Apple's own headphones.

This would be a potential no-sale for me. Anybody have information that this will be a regular flush headphone jack? I haven't seen anything yet.

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

What is going on with so many people hating...

it is not recessed.

Please don't buy one. 1 more ipad for me.

3. fpnc macrumors 68000

It looks similar to the design they use on the iPod touch and that can work with any headphone (well, "any" may be a slight overstatement, it should work with the vast majority).

4. dereklai. macrumors member

i've also expressed concerns about it being recessed, 'cause it certainly looks like it.

5. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Oh my, the world has come to an end just because of the shape a headphone jack has due to the curved sides... :rolleyes:

6. DukeOfHunslet macrumors member

Even if it is recessed and 'special' I wouldn't worry.

The one benefit of something being common/popular is that some enterprising china-man will have a factory knocking out adapters within 3 minutes of the iPad2 launch - for 99p incl. postage via eBay ! Sorted.

7. Simbazz macrumors regular

People, don't worry yourselves. Apple won't kill off any portion of the market because of a headphone jack which is only compatible with their headphones. They made that mistake with the original iPhone, and quickly rectified it.