iPad 2 Home button not working

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ParagJain, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ParagJain macrumors 6502

Hi,

iOS 6.1 seems to have broken my iPad 2's home button sensitivity; I really need to press very hard to get it working. just wanted to check if anyone else having this issue or do I move to restore as new to check again.

I did a clean update, restore from backup by downloading the software via itunes and not OTA

2. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

Open a default iOS application, such as Stocks, Calculator, or Weather
    Press and hold down the Power button until the “Slide to Power Off” dialog appears, then release
    Now press and hold the Home button until the “Slide to Power Off” screen disappears, force quitting the application

3. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

did that as well; point is, earlier the button was very sensitive; just a mild tap on the button and it used to work, now i really need to press hard to get it working..not to mention, i don't use home button everytime due to gestures available on the ipad.

4. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

I recommend using the gestures to close applications and open the switcher. The home button is okay, but it has been known to stop working at some point. But I never had any touch sensitivity issues on any of my iDevices.

And once you get used to the gestures you'll find them much more comfortable to use than the home button. Especially when you iPad is lying flat on a table in front of you.