iPad iPad 2 Image Retention Problem!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Charliebird, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

On my two year old iPad 2 I ran the image retention test and it failed miserably (no joke). I ran the test for 5 minutes and I left the brightness at the default settings (~40%). I've had this unit for over 2 years and it's been used a ton. I've never noticed any image retention issues or was negatively affected by it. My guess is most IPS screens suffer this issue to some degree and it's not noticed in real world usage scenarios. You can probably chalk this 'issue' up to blogger and media hysteria.

http://www.marco.org/rmbp-irtest.html

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I hate to sound like A broken record, but my launch day iPad 1 suffered from this. It was fine for almost a year, then I started noticing the retention problem. I never had to run a test to notice the problem it just happened out the blue one day and the problem stayed. I was seeing Ghost images of previously used apps on the home and lock screen.

3. LJ50 macrumors member

I've noticed some slight image retention on my iPad 3 over the past 18 months. After reading about people complaining on here over the past few days I tried the test and sure enough, there is some retention. Fades after a little while. I'm guessing that's true of the people complaining about the new gen.