iPad 2 import.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Duracell410, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Duracell410 macrumors newbie

Hi! I would like to open my first post by saying hello, I've been a reader but never found the need to post.
    Here goes.

Very basically I am guessing the iPad 2 prices will be the same in Australia as the iPad 1s. So on that fact, i'd like to ask if importing an iPad 2 from the US would work. Like, the device being fully functional ad identical if I was to buy one from here come this Friday.
    The reasoning behind my want to import is the pricing isnt very nice over here. The base model, 499, is 599 here. Don't forget the AUD is the same as the USD right now. I understand the +10% GST but yeah. There's a bit of extra money which is a bit odd. But tjats only little. I want to get the WiFi 64GB. 699 US. 849 bucks. Up bucks of that is GST but what's that extra 80 bucks? It's rather annoying because I want to get a smart cover aswell but now that its way off the US pricing I just don't know anymore.
    So, if I was to do a sneaky import from the US, would it work perfectly?

Thanks.

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

Devices are all the same except in Australia the "Home" button is on top.

3. redout macrumors member

lmao

4. Duracell410 thread starter macrumors newbie

I read somewhere that some imports couldn't go on the app store in their country?

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

LOL, good one!

To answer the OP's question, yes, all WiFi iPads are the same, no matter where in the world you buy it. The power adapters are country-specific, not sure if US ones work in Australia, but you can buy one if needed. Only thing is, iPads are very scarce in the US right now, not sure where you are thinkin of importing it from, but it might take a long time before you are able to get an iPad from the US at retail price.

You just need to sign in to an iTunes account for the country whose app store you want to go to.