iPad 2 in Cherry Hill, NJ

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rei87, Apr 5, 2011.

1. rei87 macrumors newbie

rei87

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the iPad 2 stock is like in the Apple Store of Cherry Hill Mall, NJ and if it is possible to reserve one?

Thanks so much.

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

If that store is anything like the stores up here in Bergen County, just go to the store about an hour before they open. Line up and you'll get one. I lined up last week at 9AM in the Garden State PLaza, was 50th on line and still got one and they had plenty to go. Basically, they get a shipment a day, people line up in the morning, they are sold out in half an hour, etc etc... Also, they didnt even wait until 10 to open the store for us. They started selling to us on line at about 9:05AM.

3. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Did you try to call? I'm pretty sure they don't reserve them, cause they'll just sell it to someone else...

4. rei87 thread starter macrumors newbie

rei87

Unfortunately, I wont be able to get there until late afternoon early evening. I was hoping they would put it on reserve if i called them. I wish Amazon sold ipad 2s, I usually buy my iDevices straight from Amazon. The only thing I ever bought from an Apple store was my macbook 3 years ago

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

My friend got a wifi only from best buy today in the afternoon. Some people get lucky at other stores like that. There is a thread here with a tracker on it where you can see what stores have which:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1118982&highlight=target+tracker

My friend used this and that's how he knew the one by the Garden State PLaza had some. Then he hauled ass over there.

6. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

nice! a NJ Apple Store thread! :D

Mac n Cheese, I went to the GSP mall and nabbed a 16GB AT&T in black. I decided I don't need the 3G so I'm back in the line again. I called early today and the lady said they had stock but it was all spoken for since the line was long. I think I will give it a go tomorrow and see...Hopefully some stock..

7. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thats the one I wanted but they were out so I settled for a white one. Big whoop. Thing worked great while my kid was doing his gym class thing, I was netflixing old 30 rocks! Greatest! Invention! Ever!

8. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
  9. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

just came back from GSP and still scalpers galore. They were giving out tickets this time which was nice of them to have some security. There were only wifi and Verizon though.

10. Bestbud macrumors newbie

If you didn't open the box I will buy it. Uluvmynuts at yahoo dot com

11. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

I didn't buy an iPad today. I wanted an AT&T one but was willing to get a Wifi one. After they ran out of them, I left.

Funny thing though, as I was leaving this lady asked if I went for the iPads and if anything was left. She asked if they had any 3G models, I told her only Verizon was the only 3G and they sold out of wifi. She then asked if she can get a plain old 3G. I had to tell her that there are 3G and they come in AT&T and Verizon.....

12. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

I reserved a white 64GB Wifi at the Cherry Hill Best Buy. I cancelled the order a while ago, but they left me a message this morning saying it was in.
    If this is the model you're looking for (fat chance, I know)... let me know.. maybe I can let them "release" it to you?

13. rei87 thread starter macrumors newbie

rei87

I only saved up enough for the 32gb but thanks though!

Different ?: if I order the iPad 2 online from Apple, will I get it BEFORE May 14th? Wherever I call the iPad 2 Is out of stock and since I don't have a car, there are only so many places my dad will drive me.
    I am going to Australia to visit my sis and I don't want to hVe to take my 2008 MacBook in my carry-on since I'm short and weak and the MacBook gets heavy after a while.

14. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

NP. I'd definitely check with them though... sounds like they definitely got some in.

15. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

and lacking in self confidence? ;)

I studied abroad in australia, wish I could go with ya! :p

The only info that ANYONE knows is the shipping info on apple.com which says 2-3 weeks. considering how May 14 is over 5 weeks away, you SHOULD be good. I'd say order now to be safe. If anything comes in stock in the meanwhile, you can always cancel your order :)

16. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Well if you are in NJ and want a 16GB Wifi Black, Hanover Target appears to have them.

Usually once you see 1 of any pop up in one store, you begin seeing numerous pop up in numerous stores. Here's the Target page with the Target iPad locator: Page 8 is for each individual version, and someone built a tracking application to check out.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1113039&page=8

Good luck!

17. rei87 thread starter macrumors newbie

rei87

I just ordered my iPad 2 from Apple.com. Hopefully I'll get it a few days before May 14th. I already have all my movies, tv shows, and ebooks ready and waiting to be transferred to the iPad and make it plane worthy.

18. Smoothness macrumors regular

I had it in my head I was going to get a 16 wifi only. I got to willow rook all mall around 9 and even tho it was a small line they already sold out. Only had Verizon left. I left, drove out parkin lot thinkin I culd race to gsp but turned around, came and got and got the 32 Verizon model!!! So far happy with my purchase.

19. rei87 thread starter macrumors newbie

rei87

If I pay the extra $12 for 2-3 day shipping will that make a difference in the shipping date for the ipad 2? Currently the estimated shipping date is for April 27th, and while that is only 19 days away I am feeling strangely impatient. Also im tired of printing lectures for all my classes since he school charges money for printing

20. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

shouldn't change when it ships. It will just ship it more quickly. I honestly don't know how long the shipping time has been for most people, but I don't think that extra $12 would save you any more than 3 days at most.

21. Bestbud macrumors newbie

The links aren't up to date. Target is out but I have 2 1 blk 16 gb wifi and 1 32 white wifi. I'm like 5 minutes from the palisades mall but can meet in nj if it's in northvale or Westwood maybe