Ipad 2 in JFK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deanor89, Nov 23, 2011.

1. deanor89 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I will be travelling through JFK airport in a few days time and I was wondering was there any place to buy an iPad 2?

I searched it and found 3 Best Buy shops in JFK http://www.ifly.com/john-f-kennedy-international-airport/shops-stores and was wondering would I be able to purchase one there?

I appreciate any help here as I haven't been in JFK before.

2. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

Best Buy is a good place to buy Apple products and the BB Valley Stream store is close by car. I would go on line when you land and look up the specific store (I know you can't do that on the iPad you don't yet own) to make sure what you want is in stock - probably would be.

Attached Files:

3. Chipp macrumors newbie

Instore pickup

What I would do is search for the nearest Best Buy, 13107 40th Rd
    Ste C300, Flushing, NY 11354 or Best Buy 6 West Circle Dr
    Valley Stream, NY 11581

Purchase the iPad with the in store pickup option . take a cab or rent the cheapest rental car on lot. make sure you have the credit card used to hold the ipad and ID when you arrive. Enjoy the iPad.
    Hope this works for you :apple: :apple:

4. izibo, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

izibo macrumors 6502

I'm fairly certain these are the automated Best Buy / Zoom vending machines as opposed to a full-on or mini retail store. It seems like they are just slightly mis-categorized on the JFK site. I have seen them in a number of airports (DFW seems to have the most, at least in the terminals I frequent) and they tend to have smaller items, like iPods, handheld game systems, headphones, digital cameras, GPS navigation systems, etc. I have never seen them stocked with an iPad, although I haven't really taken a close look in a few months.

That being said, they COULD absolutely stock them with an iPad model or two, but based on the limited size you definitely won't see all the possible varieties. If you have your heart set on a specific model and you have enough time, hop in a cab and do the in store pick-up option as previously mentioned.

[​IMG]

5. deanor89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys,

I think i'll go down the getting a cab route just to be safe..

Thanks for the advice.. :D

6. Fujiko7 macrumors 6502

If by "passing through" you mean you're connecting flights there, leave plenty of time for your connecting flight, as the traffic around JFK can be horrible. (Also your taxi driver, expecting a ride into the city, may not be too happy to take you a relatively short distance.)

And bear in mind that if you leave the airport you'll need to go through security again when you go back in, and that can take a long time.

- Guy who went through JFK last week and knows.

7. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

EXACTLY!!!! Allow at least 3 hours for this simple 7 miles drive. Also know that the taxi fair may kill off any potential savings. They really stick it to you at NY airports.