Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kerber0s34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Kelowna, BC
I'll be in Madrid on the 25th, and my wife's birthday is on the 26th. She's been drooling over iPads since day one, so to get her off of mine all the time I will get her iPad 2. If I buy one in Spain, I assume it will be in Spanish - will I be able to change it to English? I set the language on mine to Spanish, but only some things changed, most if it was still in english. Will I have any issues going to English?

Kerber0s34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Thanks, I'm aware that the Apple Store staff can help set up, however this is a birthday present, I'd like her to open it herself.

I have to go across Madrid by metro to the Apple Store to purchase the iPad, and I don't want to have to go back to set it up. I'm pretty sure I can change the language switch myself. When I changed my English iPad to Spanish, some apps remained in English: Calendar, iTunes & App Store. My question is, if I change a Spanish iPad to English do all the settings change, or will some things remain in Spanish?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
When I changed my English iPad to Spanish, some apps remained in English: Calendar, iTunes & App Store. My question is, if I change a Spanish iPad to English do all the settings change, or will some things remain in Spanish?

To change language in those apps that didn't change languages:
Calendar - Settings > General > International > Region Format
iTunes and App Stores - Sign in to the store in a different country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.