iPad 2 in spain - dumb question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kerber0s34, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Kerber0s34 macrumors member

Kerber0s34

I'll be in Madrid on the 25th, and my wife's birthday is on the 26th. She's been drooling over iPads since day one, so to get her off of mine all the time I will get her iPad 2. If I buy one in Spain, I assume it will be in Spanish - will I be able to change it to English? I set the language on mine to Spanish, but only some things changed, most if it was still in english. Will I have any issues going to English?

2. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

The apple experts in the store will set up and help you with anything such as language preference.

3. Kerber0s34 thread starter macrumors member

Kerber0s34

Thanks, I'm aware that the Apple Store staff can help set up, however this is a birthday present, I'd like her to open it herself.

I have to go across Madrid by metro to the Apple Store to purchase the iPad, and I don't want to have to go back to set it up. I'm pretty sure I can change the language switch myself. When I changed my English iPad to Spanish, some apps remained in English: Calendar, iTunes & App Store. My question is, if I change a Spanish iPad to English do all the settings change, or will some things remain in Spanish?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

To change language in those apps that didn't change languages:
    Calendar - Settings > General > International > Region Format
    iTunes and App Stores - Sign in to the store in a different country.