iPad 2 international delay likely?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by whyhellojoe, Mar 14, 2011.

1. whyhellojoe macrumors member

what do you guys think? americans are already getting their online orders delayed to ship in 3 - 4 weeks, i cant fathom us foreign geeks getting it on the 25th of the month as originally plan *waves fist at apple* (that would mean us *shockhorror* getting the iPads earlier than those poor folks). i'm hoping to be proven wrong but i reckon it's probably going to happen mid next week, an announcement of sorts -_-

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Based on the current US delays it does sound like a delayed launch internationally could be a possibility. Although perhaps stock is being kept aside for the international launch and this is the cause of the US delays. Unlikely though. I guess we will just wait and see what happens. I would like them to announce prices though.

3. LasseBruce macrumors newbie

Oh **** i hope not! If i have to wait more than 11 days i might kill somebody.I've already started buying apps for it. I'm buying apps for an iDevice i don't even own yet. How sick is that? :eek:

4. whyhellojoe thread starter macrumors member

we're all just apple gremlins us lot. i'm searching eBay for screen protectors in addition to that :p

@mickbab keeping my fingers crossed buddy!

5. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

This is probably why they delayed it to begin with. So they could catch up from the US sales.

6. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

I haven't actually started paying money for any apps but have been wishlisting a number of apps and downloading any good free ones (and making sure I grab free ones while they are on sale for the launch since they may not stay that way for long). This release can't come soon enough!

7. LasseBruce macrumors newbie

I downloaded lots of free apps. Those i bought were both on sale as well. But it's actually pretty stupid and doesn't make much sense. :D

8. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Of course the other way to look at it is there are 3-4 week lead times in the US BECAUSE there's an international launch happening and they're putting stock into that rather than shipping it to the US... Glass half full folks, it's the way to go :D

9. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

This actually makes good sense though! If you don't have a screen protector/case lined up for when you get your iPad, you might panic about having it unprotected and go spend £20 on a screen protector at Currys - which would be a disaster!

10. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

heh. I like it.

11. eagleworks macrumors newbie

As I replied in another thread...

Please stop over reacting.

The USA will get the stock allocated to them, why do you think US Apple store is already saying 2 - 3 weeks delivery?

Apple and hundreds of stockists have millions riding on the March 25th launch date in multiple other countries around the globe.

Apple isn't going go allocate more units to the US instead of the EU because demand has been high over there.

12. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

You mean exactly like they did with the original iPad launch?

I'm not saying that'll happen this time but I think you're being just a little too over-confident.

13. matthijst macrumors regular

The original launch was an unexpected huge success...
    For this one they had plenty of time to figure out how many to ship to different regions...

I think the original launch was also just for 5 countries aftrer the US, now it's 25, so they must've planned ahead as they would already need a huge stock to cover 25 countries.

14. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

Gotta remember too, us international folk don't need all the Verizon models. We just need GSM (which is unlocked) and the WiFi.

15. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

This is what I'd hope too but judging by the disappointment in the US, this one has been an unexpected huge success too. They sold out as fast (if not faster) than the original iPad so again, I wouldn't be *too* confident.

Again, I'd totally agree but the lack of supplies in the US means they haven't planned ahead that well.

I've already said on other threads that I'm sure Apple have learned from the last release and they won't make the same mistake again. However, after seeing how short the supply has been in the US, I'm no longer so confident.

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I vote "no" because:

1) It would really put off non-U.S. customers if Apple delayed launch for the 2nd year in a row.

2) Apple would look amateurish missing another launch coming off the white iPhone delays.

3) Apple wants to stave off the U.S. exporters as much and fast as possible.

I think a lot of the U.S. delay now is b/c the bulk of inventory is being stored up for the Euro launch.

17. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

That's what I'm hoping too. Although I can imagine that supplies are going to be pretty slim on launch day over here.

Don't really want to camp out... although last year I queued despite being a few weeks away from spinal surgery so I guess I'm stupid enough to do anything. :confused:

18. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I have been buying iPad apps since November (without an iPad). Haha, I use appshopper to snag 'em when the prices go down to 99cents. I grabbed a lot of black friday and christmas deals that way!

Right. The US and international iPads are in seperate categories. International launch will go on as planned

19. tsekh macrumors member

They definitely have allocated/ are allocating stocks for the markets launching later this month. But I would say a delay in the Japanese market is likely.