iPad 2 + Invisible Shield + Smart cover= ok?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BJB Productions, Mar 14, 2011.

1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Hi everyone,
    I really like the SmartCovers, but as stated in every thread here :)p) they don't cover the back. (Obviously)

So I'd like to keep the bulk of it down, but protect the iPad. I was thinking of getting the back protection Invisible Shield and a SmartCover.

1. Has anyone applied the Invisible Shield for the iPad 2? Do you like it?

2. Will this offer enough protection against scratches and such? I'm not worried about dropping it... I know an Invisible Shield would be worthless when it comes to that anyway.

Thanks

2. Gonzo75 macrumors newbie

I have one on order and I can tell you that these won't protect it from damages from a fall. What it will do is probably protect it from light scratches while the back is on a desk though.

I have another question though.

Does the back shield peel off when detaching the Smart Cover?

3. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

I've got a back-skin on order from bestskinsever. It should be shipping today. I'll let you know how it goes with smart cover on front and skin on back. That is pretty much what I had planned to do all along.

4. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Hmm ok. Yes please do let me know how it works. Hopefully getting my iPad within the week, and I'd like to order my skin sooner than later.

5. barsenault macrumors newbie

Hello there, I just got off the phone with the invisible shield folks (I have one) and they stated that the leather smart cover (I have one ~ ugh) might bleed into the invisble shield over time causing it to not be as clear. it is covered under warranty. however, who wants that to happen? not me. what to do? have the ipad naked without the smart cover? Thoughts?

6. JC5280 macrumors member

I have an Invisible Shield on my iPhone 4 and have it replaced every few months. It picks up scratches and colors here and there, and having a brand new one sent to you for the cost of shipping gives it a nice feel of new again.

Plus, they have a booth in my local mall now and the kids that work there will put it on for me which makes a huge difference. They know exactly how to get it on right and if they mess it up, they open a new package and start over.

7. shawndoc macrumors newbie

I'd skip the invisishield for the screen entirely. The reason screen protectors used to be a must have was because the screens were easily scratched plastic. Glass doesn't scratch very easily, especially so for the special glass on iPads.

It sorta makes sense on iPhones if you just throw it in a purse or pocket with hard objects all the time.

The back of the iPad on the other hand can be easily scratched and should have some protection.

8. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I have this exact setup but instead of Zagg I have best skins ever. Much better and cheaper IMO. The cover works well. And the leather cover will bleed straight onto the iPad also, so better to it be the cover than the iPad....

9. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Yeah, I would just be getting the back protection, and a smartcover... Probably will order it tomorrow.

10. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

11. rzc macrumors newbie

I have the ghostarmor, which I like better once installed. Can't tell it's on plus seems thicker mil.

Let's put it this way, it protects it enough from my 2 and 8 year old. But still planning on the otterbox once out for the 2nd gen.

12. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Thanks. I actually ended up getting a BestSkinsEver. It was half the price of a Zagg, and even had more coverage (the corners...)

So I hope that comes soon.

13. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Installed my BSE on the back and I love it. Fits perfectly. Heading to Apple Store tomorrow to pick up a Smart Cover. Anyone who has both, do the magnets work just as well with a protector on the back? Meaning are they still as strong through the protective film.

14. rzc macrumors newbie

I had the same concerns about the magnet at first but noticed it works great, again even with the Ghostarmor.

15. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

I had the back skin on and the magnet for the smart cover hinge seemed weak. I cut off the edge where the cover/iPad meet and ow the magnets seem perfect.