iPad 2 InvisibleShield [For Sell Already]

Discussion in 'iPad' started by r2fa3l, Mar 7, 2011.

1. r2fa3l, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

r2fa3l macrumors regular

2. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

The InvisibleShield material makes the screen too sticky and "tacky" for my tastes. Once you've used a matte static screen protector, it's impossible to go back.

Now, an InvisibleShield on the back wouldn't be bad.

3. r2fa3l thread starter macrumors regular

Yup. im buying a smart cover for the front.
    IS or wrapsol for back

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I agree about your comment on the tackiness of Zagg's product. There is, however, an alternative. It offers the same protection. It is made out of basically the same material, but is a lot smoother. There are two companies that use this new material; BestSkinsEver and Bodyguardz. I have both on my devices, and I can tell you that they are basically the same thing. The only difference is that Bodyguardz supplies you with an application solution, while BestSkinsEver does not.

5. gmans46, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

gmans46 macrumors regular

will ipad 1 skins work on the ipad 2?
    actually thats a retarded question since the bezels are different sorry

6. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

I used to use an InvisibleShield on the iPhone 2G and 3G before I switched to static, matte screen protectors. The difference was night and day. No more corners peeling up, no more dust collecting on the sides.

For the iPhone 4 and original iPad, I used products by Fusion of Ideas. I had never heard of them before, but they've got some awesome stuff. My iPhone 4 is crazy protected now-- even on the sides.

So, for the iPad 2, I'll wait until they come out with their white, "carbon fiber" backs and will snatch one of those up.

7. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I'll holdout for powersupport like I have with pretty much every iDevice up until now. I did mess with an invis shield on my iPad and I hated just about everything about it... from the application of it to the way it looked and felt when sliding my finger on it. PS usually take a bit to release and cost a tad more but well worth it imho.

8. sap12690 macrumors 6502

i prefer to get the belkin screen cover. im a big fan.

9. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, PowerSupport does make the best screen protectors, hands down. For whatever reason, they just go on much better/easier than anything else. My only complaint is lack of immediate availability. They're always one or two months behind.

10. ozred macrumors 6502

With just a little care, there is no reason not to enjoy it as it is. Why cover it?

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I bought some cheap iPad 1 screen protectors off eBay just to throw on until powersupport comes out with theirs. Spent 4 dollars for 5 of them. Front camera of course will be a little fuzzy with the protector on top of it, but don't really care as long as my device is protected.

13. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I cover it for the antiglare and the smoothness that these protectors provide when gliding your fingers across. I don't like the way the glass makes my fingers stick and let's also not forget the dreaded fingerprints. Sends my OCD into overdrive... :(

14. urkel macrumors 68030

bodyguardz are basically the same as invisible shield but cheaper and come with two sets. I preordered mine last week with code ipad2 so it was 25$ for two.

15. danielveeee macrumors regular

i will definitely be getting a smart cover, with some type of skin on the back.. just so i dont have to hear the aluminum against tables when setting it down.

do u guys think the invisishield could interfere with the magnetics towards the back??

16. JAG77 macrumors member

Anti-glare

I am definitely interested in getting a anti-glare screen protector. I haven't seen any of these on the ipad since I have not owned one. Any insight would be helpful. From reading this thread, people seem to agree that this is a real good matte screen protector:
    http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad/hd-anti-glare-film.html

Anyone else have any other insight in this area?

17. rkulpajr macrumors member

rkulpajr

Power Support anti glare is an amazing screen protector. However, some people do not like the antiglare feel to the screen. I on the other hand love the fact that it does not show fingerprints nearly as much and that it is easier to look at for long periods of time.

I would strongly recommend that you wait for the power support films. They are the best.

18. EvilC5 macrumors 6502a

I bought the invisishield yesterday for my iPad 2 and went to apply it this morning and it doesn't line up with the camera hold and home button. It's a little too long. Taking back today.