iPad 2 iOS 5 Problems..

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ItsJustTomm, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ItsJustTomm macrumors newbie

What i have do is downloaded iOS 5 beta 3 & installed it onto my iPad 2.. But i am not a developer, nor do i have a developer account.. "/
    So, now i have the problem of having my iPad stuck at the end of the activation & can not do anything other than go back to the start of the setup..
    I have tryed downgrading, upgrading to beta 4.. but nothing will work, it just comes up with (on my laptop) "The update service is unavalible at this time. Please try again later" :mad:
    & I am now worried that i will not be able to update to the new, official iOS 5 when it is publicly released..
    Could someone try & help solve this or give me some addvice..?

Tomm

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

It's illegal to have developer software without paying to be a developer, so I guess in a way you kinda deserve it, no offense. Apple removed all the activation bypassing methods in beta 3 and 4 so you're stuck there if you aren't a developer.

4. jlluna macrumors 6502

Like blue room said, try to get your iPad into dfu mode. You should be able to restore back after that.

5. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

If it's a 3G iPad, downgrading will fail when you try due to it being unable to downgrade the baseband.

I'm not sure if you can still 'kick it out of recovery' l I think tiny umbrella can do that for you. But I haven't tried doing it on an ipad2 3G

If it's a wifi only , it should downgrade fine

6. ItsJustTomm thread starter macrumors newbie

It is only a Wifi model.. So how are suggesting i go about downgrading it..?

7. ChristianVirtual macrumors 601

ChristianVirtual

Apply for developer program, register your device and enjoy the current beta 4.

The other options mentioned here might work, too; don't know.