iPad Ipad 2 - IOS 7 Jailbreak Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rsg1010, Jan 8, 2014.

1. rsg1010 macrumors member

I currently have an iPad 2 that is JB'd on 5.0.1. I am wanting to upgrade to IOS 7 and have a few questions.

1. Are there any noticeable problems running an iPad 2 on IOS 7 (slowdowns, crashes, etc)?

2. Is the new IOS 7 jailbreak safe to use on iPad 2's? I heard earlier versions of the jailbreak had problems and I"m just wanting to make sure prior to doing the update.

3. Are these the correct steps to doing a jailbreak on iOS 7:

- itunes backup of my iPad 2
    -restore ipad to and it will update to IOS 7.0.4
    - restore from backup
    - jailbreak

Sorry for the newbie questions. I have done some research but there is lots of conflicting information so I thought I would ask the community before going ahead.

Thanks

2. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

That's pretty much it!

I have an iPad 2 also - on 5.0.1 JB. I JB's mine because my 3-year-old was constantly launching stuff he and I didn't want him to by accident (Safari) so I installed SBSetting to make the icon disappear.

In fact, the only icons he has access to now are his kid apps.

I'm trying to figure out if SBSettings is compatible with the iPad 2 on iOS JB yet or not before I upgrade though.

In Cydia, it says it's not yet iOS7 compatible. So I don't want to risk my 5.0.1 JB to find out.

But anyway, form what I understand, evasion works fine on a iPad 2 since it's just an A5 CPU.

3. charlestx macrumors regular

charlestx

I have an iPad 2 on 7.0.4 jailbroken with no problems. SBSettings is not updated tho.

4. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

+1��

no problems to report and I don't think it has been updated yet but their are other tweaks to hide apps if you are looking for just that

5. rsg1010 thread starter macrumors member

I am currently on 5.0.1 jb...do i connect to itunes and click on restore? Will that remove my jailbreak and update my ipad 2?

Or do i need to do something else (eg. Put into dfu mode)?

Thanks for everyones help.

6. charlestx macrumors regular

charlestx

1. Update to new firmware 7.0.4
    2. Make a backup
    3. Download Evasi0n jailbreak and follow instructions, it's very easy

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You make a backup before updating your firmware, that is, if you want to bring back all your settings and apps and such easily