ipad 2 ios 706 to ios 8 impossible!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by star trek, Nov 23, 2016.

1. star trek macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!!!

A friend of mine have ipad 2 with ios 706 and is unable to print with his hp desk jet 3630 "air print ready" with this "horror ipad 2".
    He downloaded print pro lite in his ipad 2 but when he launches print pro lite, this application tells it needs ad least ios 8 to work !!!!.

using his phone huawei p9 he have NO PROBLEM to comunicate with the printer via wifi..!!!!!!

He asked me to update his ipad 2 ios 706 to ios 8 gsm, found and downloaded the file ,installed itunes on windows 10 64 bit followed instructions but it keeps telling :

Could not update ipad "roby ipad". and 'An unknown error occurred (3194)

(.............There is no problem on the files hosts !!!!....................)
    Then i tryed to update ipad 2 from my imac el capitan using itunes and kepps telling the same thing :

Could not update ipad "roby ipad". and 'An unknown error occurred (3194)

Before trying to do update i made a backup of the ipad 2 with itunes
    but this itunes tells me that 51 applications of this ipad havent been saved to the backup because they are not listed in the "PAY FOR ANYTHING" Appstore.

With itunes the only choice possible is update to the last ios 932 that I know would transform this ipad 2 in an unusable piece of metal and glass !!!!

Please there is a way to update from ios 706 to ios 8 without lose all programs installed so far !?!?

Is it the way apple support his customers !?!? I think after this I would never buy anything labeled apple & co !!!!

Have a good time everyone and many thanks if someone replies to my question : how to update ipad 2 ios 706 to ios 8 without losing files and applications installed !!!!!!

2. ericwn macrumors 65816

Updating iTunes does not harm the files you have on your iPad. You are also advised to look up your error message / error code on the Support website, maybe there is an explanation for the issues you are seeing.

3. star trek thread starter macrumors newbie

Could not update ipad "roby ipad". and 'An unknown error occurred (3194)------------------>

----------------->(.............There is no problem on the files hosts !!!!....................) with last itunes from windows 10 and imac el capitan

ios8 is no more certfied by apple and you dear customer are no more allowed to install this old ios on your horror ipad 2 the only choice is to update ipad 2 ios 706 to 932 that would make this ipad 2 unusable.....and you could finally buy a last generation ipad to provide the "poisoned apple" company fresh plenty of money !!!!

Have a good day ahead everyone !!!!!!!

4. ericwn macrumors 65816

Sorry but your response is just negative. You should at least have the mental capacity to understand that this forum isn't owned by Apple so all these silly remarks about unusable, poisoned etc, keep them. You made up your mind already. You also know your options already.

5. star trek thread starter macrumors newbie

Dear Apple PLEASE let my friend and everyone else owner of whatever ipad 2,iphone,ecc,ecc INSTALL whatever ios they want to......

IS IT TOO MUCH COMPLICATED !?!?.......Do anyone knows how to do it without losing all files on ipad 2 ios 706 to go ios 8 !?!?.....or the only way is to ask CIA or Spock !?!?

Long Life & Prosperity !!!!! \\//_

6. chrfr macrumors 603

There is no way whatsoever to install iOS 8 on an iPad 2 at this point. You can only install iOS 9.3.5 on it, and this has nothing to do with trying to save files.

7. star trek, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016

star trek thread starter macrumors newbie

ipad 2 with ios 706 for sale !!!! i give away for 2 cents..... or may be tim cook give me GRATIS a new one

up to date ipad !?!?