iPad ipad 2 ios8 jailbreak performance

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by benrd, Nov 26, 2014.

1. benrd macrumors member

any thoughts?
    I have mine jailbroken on ios7 and debating if i should update to 8.1 while i still can and jailbreak?
    can't find much opinion on this so any thoughts appreciated!

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I jb my sisters iPad 2 up to pangu .3 release and it had many issues. Seeing as 8.1.1 is an update to fix performance on it I wouldn't recommend it

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

What issues did she have? I jail broke my Air 2, installed HideMe8, ShowCase, FacebookRecent. I installed a couple other tweaks but then removed them, main one being springtomize. I had a ton of issues with gestures, closing apps with 4 finger pinch, and 5 fingers to swipe between apps, both would freeze up, go really slow, or just do weird things. I'd even have to force shutdown the ipad to get it working again. The sometimes it would go into a boot loop for several restarts before it would come on.

I just restored to 8.1 and setup as new ipad to see if it's better. It's hasn't been enough time t tell yet wether or not it fixed it. I'll give it some time, if I don't see the issues I'll jb again and install the tweaks one at a time and see if I have any trouble again. I literally jb the ipad before I did anything with it, so I do to know if it had the problem before jb or not. Didn't see the issues on my iPad mini though that wasn't jb since iOS 7.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

here is ipad 2 not air 2 big difference ;)
    random reboots, slow safari, not reloading safari, lag, lag, warm, many more.... some where fixed up to 0.3 but some stayed so i just updated hers to 8.1.1 non jb and it is very stable compared to even vanilla 8 on the ipad 2

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I know you said ipad 2, but I wondered if it's just the ipad jb in general that is buggy. My ipad on stock 8.1 has much much better.