Ipad 2 + iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by andygabriel, Mar 16, 2011.

1. andygabriel macrumors regular

Hi all!
    I'm interested in buying iPad 2 Wifi only but was windering if i can tether with iphone 3G via Bluetooth.

I also would like to know what you guys think. I'm going back to college soon to study accounting and at the moment i have a early 2008 White Macbook 2.4GHZ C2D, 4GB Ram, 320GB HD and Graphics GMA X3100(intel)

I use my laptop mostly for Web Browsing, iTunes, iPhoto+Aperture, Word + Excel and most important i connect my laptop to the TV to watch movies streams etc...

Do u think it's better to keep my macbook and buy an iPad 2 or should i get a new macbook Air or Pro?

Will my macbook still be able to play most 720p video and browse fast in the future?

Cheers

2. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

As long as the iPad 2 is running 4.3 (which it is), it should tether. I don't think your iPhone 3G has to be on 4.2.1 or even 4.0 at all.

3. andygabriel thread starter macrumors regular

So this mean i can still tether for internet access on the ipad via bluetooth from the iPhone 3G.

Please note that i have the iPhone 3G and not 3GS or iPhone 4. I'm waiting for iPhone 5.

Was just hoping that i could tether coz i don't want to get an iPad 3G since i can already tether using my iphone which i use quite often to have internet access on my macbook when i'm at a cafe or in a car.

Cheers again

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Jail Break the iPhone 3G and Put Mywi on it. Mywi will let you use the 3G as a hotspot.

5. andygabriel thread starter macrumors regular

Just read an article online that confirms that one can tether the iPad 2 to and iPhone 3G through Bluetooth Pan. I don't jailbreak since i already have all the functions i need on ios.

I guess i can go ahead and get the iPad 2.