iPad 2 is locked

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Arduino2010, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Arduino2010 macrumors newbie

Hello ,

I have iPad 2 , which is locked because I entered the passcode many times. As a result, the iPad shows "iPad is disabled connect to iTunes". The OS I have is 4.3.3 jailbraken , How do I restore without losing the capability of having jailbreak. ( it's ok to lose the data ).

Best wishes

2. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

3. Arduino2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried . it's saying your iPad is locked !!!

4. wpotere Guest

It is locked, you are going to have to restore it.

5. macintoshbg macrumors newbie

Don't worry, I've done that on my first gen once on purpose just to see what will happen. Just connect to iTunes, when it says that the iPad is locked, just enter the passcode on the device itself, and all should be well. As long as you're plugging your iPad into iTunes on your computer, (the same user, everything that you use to sync stuff to your iPad) iTunes should "cancel-out" the "Connect to iTunes" and you should be able to enter the passcode on your iPad just fine. ;) :apple:

6. wpotere Guest

Good to know if that works. :)

7. Arduino2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

But The problem is that I have forgotten the passcode :( ....

So , is there any other way?

8. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Try saving SHSH Blobs with TU then Restore it, and don't forget your passcode next time!

9. Arduino2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks , But what do u mean with "TU" and how to save them and it's locked !!, And should I restore it using iTunes ?!..

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

TU refers to the program TinyUmbrella. You can use it to save your SHSH blobs and then run a TSS server that will allow you to restore to stock 4.3.3 through itunes by using the option+restore method. Google is your friend for this.

To achieve this, you need to get the iPad into DFU mode: While your iPad is plugged into your computer and iTunes is running, hold both the home button and the lock button at the same time until the screen goes blank. Wait about another second and then release the lock button, keeping the home button pressed until iTunes alerts you that it "has detected an iPad in recovery and needs to be restored". From there you should be able to Option+Restore to 4.3.3. if it finishes and iTunes gives you the 1015 error, use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery and you should be all set. Reapply the jailbreak using jailbreakme.com.

11. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I would just find the firmware version you currently have and download it, then hold alt or whatever it is on a PC while clicking restore, then you should get a window that allows you to select the IPSW firmware file. That way, you preserve the firmware to be re-jail broken (I think).

12. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

13. wpotere Guest

You are correct. Just install the version you had and re-jailbreak.

14. biohead macrumors 6502

Don't get your hopes up though. If you don't know what SHSH blobs are, you likely don't have them saved and have missed the window to get them now. You'll have to go to ios5 and be unjailbroken.

15. xiMatt macrumors newbie

xiMatt

I had this problem similar, but to my iPhone, first gen. Anyways, what I did was restore it, losing data and the jailbreaking, but, instead of using blackra1n, my brother jailbroked it with another application on my Mac. I forgot what the application was called, but the logo was a pineapple, I believe.