iPad 2 is losing charge faster than ever

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by darthdusty, Nov 5, 2012.

1. darthdusty macrumors newbie

My wife's iPad 2 is suddenly losing its charge way too quickly. The push settings are set to once every 30 minutes while the brightness is pretty low. Also, her notifications are off and the auto-lock is set to 1 minute. Basically, everything except WiFi has been turned off on her iPad, it will not stop draining. At first I thought it may be the app she is running (iAnnotate), but some of her classmates are running the same program on the same iPad model and their batteries are just fine. Any idea why it cannot keep a charge? Thanks in advance guys.

2. anubis1980 macrumors regular

Try resetting it. Holding power and home button down. If that doesn't work try a restore. This should cure it :) but back everything up first

3. darthdusty thread starter macrumors newbie

Believe me I've restarted it numerous times to no avail. I'd rather not restore it since there's a ton of school data on it that's categorized certain ways.

4. Kiet1029 macrumors newbie

Have you tried downloading the diagnostic app? It tells you what is sucking the most battery life. I am not sure what it is called though.