iPad iPad 2 Jailbreak (4.3.1)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Supadoodles, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Supadoodles macrumors newbie

Supadoodles

Unfortunately, some of us updated to 4.3.1. It's no use saying "it's accidental" or calling each other stupid, it happened.

The point is, let's share info on who, what, and where an iPad 2 jailbreak for 4.3.1 will be happening.

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

My guess is any where from 4-6 months unfortunately.

3. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

and you base this answer on?

4. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

The 4.3 jailbreak was patched in 4.3.1. Last time this happened with the iPhone with new hardware they had to wait 5 months.

5. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

That's because they waited for iOS 4, I think.

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I don't get the need to post all these random blog sites for information. It's certainly a never ending supply.

All you people have to do is read the twitter accounts of dev team members to get this information straight from the horse's mouth.

MuscleNerd is the most vocal of the team and his account is here:
    http://twitter.com/musclenerd

Comex sometimes has a useful jailbreak tweet here:
    http://twitter.com/comex

The dev team's site has a list of other accounts here:
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

7. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I don't twitter, I do go to devteam blog but it gets long. Is there an easier static site to view when the jb is out? I get confused who is who and works on what in the jb comm. Who devteam is with....Greenpoison, musclenerd, comex....

8. FireSokar macrumors regular

Install twitter on i device and follow the key players, thats all I do. No need to tweet yourself. Just read what they say.

9. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Same thing every conspiracy theorist pessimist bases his info on.... Unsubstantiated sh&$ spouting without any credibility or personal knowledge.

Could be next week, or next year. Pointless to ask because the moment it's possible it'll be in this forum category.

10. gandygen macrumors newbie

11. ShiftyGray macrumors regular

12. xraytech macrumors 68020

13. gandygen macrumors newbie

I am on 4.3.1 and the jailbreak is for the Ipad 1 only.

14. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

so why did you waste our time and post in this iPad 2 thread?

15. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

he's just excited that he jailbroke his iDevice! lol, no harm done. most here know the iPad2 isn't able to be jailbroken yet.

16. dillonp23 macrumors newbie

I guess I can live without the JB for a while, just happy to have an iPad 2 :) I'll follow this thread if theres any news on when it will be coming out though.

17. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

99% of the people in this thread are wrong.

Yes comex exploit was patched. He has already come up with a new one, he just needs to find a way to legaly distrubite it. ITs been on h8snow twitter for some time now. Jesus guys.

18. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I really want to get an iPad 2, but I'm not sure if I could use an iOS device without it being jailbroken... is that bad?

19. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Not at all. I rely on Display Out to use iPad for my classes. Thus the un-jb new iPad is useless to me, and it's been sitting in my drawer unopened for a week. I am debating selling it for a small profit, as likely there will be stock everywhere by the time jb is ready for iOS 4.3.1.

20. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

No, perfectly understandable. I'm sure a lot of people (including me) feel the same way. Gonna stick with my original iPad for the time being.

21. Zermelo, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

Zermelo macrumors regular

This was good advice. I started following and reading ih8sn0w's tweet's. He gives out a lot of information regarding what's going on behind the scene which explains a lot.

A few of the more enlightening tweets were:

A) Comex's userland jailbreak for the iPad 2 uses some Apple code, and that's why he has not released it yet since he needs a legal way to do it.

B) What was broken in the 4.3.1 update was the untethered feature, so that in principle the jailbreak on the iPad 2 on 4.3.1 is still possible but tethered.

[​IMG]

22. Hannah Montana macrumors newbie

I'm about ready to return this paperweight. Sure, it's fast, thinner, and lighter, but it has 0 ****ing functionality.

23. barryst macrumors regular

not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but is there any point in staying with 4.3 on the iPad2 (just got mine)? I assume there'll never be a jailbreak for 4.3, it'll just be for 4.3.1 when it comes out.

24. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

Yeah, things I really need for a good experience are Browser Changer, Retina Pad, a notification system (currently LockInfo), and Folder Enhancer... I find the base iOS a decent base, but unfortunately flawed. I've been tempted by Honeycomb, but frankly they have little to no 3rd party support in applications or other devices... I have and am happy with my iPad 1, but its pokey and limited in functionality when it comes to multi tasking because of memory.

*sits on wallet for a bit longer*