iPad 2 jailbreak blobs

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Happytodd, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Happytodd, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

Happytodd macrumors regular

Dear users,

I just picked up my iPad wifi+3G replacement today and before I jailbreak I would like to know if you can save your blobs from it? I read that with the iPad 2 you cannot save blobs.

Is this true, which in turn won't let me restore back to 4.3.3 if I have any problems or can I infact save my blobs which will let me restore back to 4.3.3 instead of having to download the latest iOS?

Thank you for your time!

2. Hongkongfu macrumors member

Well you can save the shs blobs but not for 4.3.3 because apple stopmto sign it ... You can save for 4.3.4 if you whant , and yes you can not go back to 4.3.3 if you neednto restore as you dont have the blobs so be carefull using cydia aps

3. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, I thought I would automatically get my blobs because I already have 4.3.3 running. Well it wouldn't really matter if I get a problem from jail breaking because I won't be able to restore back to 4.3.3 anyway..

Can I get a second opinion on this from someone else please?

4. Hongkongfu macrumors member

You are out of luck for now... Anyone will tell you the same as i told you:(

5. danwestbrook macrumors regular

danwestbrook

Yes its true once apple stop signing the 4.3.3 you cant get it signed, so will just have to have 4.3.4 signed for now, sure they will bring a new jailbreak out for ios 5.

6. trsblader macrumors 6502

Sorry, you're out of luck. I don't think you'll have issues, however if you do install something from cydia that crashes your iPad, you'll have no jailbreak when you restore and are on 4.3.4 and no option to get 4.3.3 back. You'd be stuck until iOS 5 is out and a potential jailbreak.

7. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply guys. That's understandable. I heard that iOS5 won't let you downgrade again but that is useless in my opinion as I don't have any blobs.

I'll jailbreak in a little while and hopelefully all goes well!