iPad 2 jailbreak fail?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Apple-a5, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apple-a5 macrumors member

Has pod2g failed to supply a jailbreak for the A5 ? He recently updated his blog with a lot of detail, without a slight mention of the new A5 .

Who ever is still waiting for the jailbreak to be released . Looks like you'll be waiting for ever

2. biohead macrumors 6502

No where did pod2g give a release date for an A5 jailbreak.

Considering there hasn't been a true A5 jailbreak since the iPad 2 was released 10 months ago, you have to consider the possibility there may never be one on the newer idevices.

And if you're unhappy with that, try coding one for yourself to prove how easy it is.

3. danielowenuk macrumors regular

He is focused on making the exploit work for A5 now, but the details are there for everyone to see what he has done with the A4 untether.

Pod2G has said that the "the only problem with A5 is the injection vector, not the kernel exploit itself".

So technically the info isn't specific to A4.

4. Apple-a5 thread starter macrumors member

No offence but I hate sarcasm, I don't waste my time coding against apple products. But yes I enjoy the jailbreak system who don't? I didlt moan about how long it would take I said he's apparently working on the a5 now with all his effort yet no update? If pod2g and muscle nerd cannot jailbreak the dual core then who can? Gehott is the only one who possibly would crack it. Without him it's fail

5. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

No offence, but fail isn't a noun.

6. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

You're as bad as the obnoxious commenters on that post. He isn't allowed to talk about anything but the A5 jailbreak on his own blog? A single post that doesn't mention it and suddenly everyone's convinced he's stopped working on it - and you yourself alerted us just the other day to his Dec 20 post about it, so it's not like he's gone even a month since an update.

Sit down and chill out.

7. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

You are wrong...

pod2g @pod2g
    I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week.

8. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Jailbreakme 3 came out 10 months ago? It didn't seem that long ago.

9. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

No, the iPad 2 came out about 10 months ago. Jailbreakme 3 was not an A5 jailbreak, it was a userland jailbreak.

10. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

This thread should be locked or merged with the one below it, that actually discusses the A5 jailbreak with info from pod2g.

11. Apple-a5 thread starter macrumors member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.