Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doug4772

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
I have a new iPad 2 that I just purchased. I've jailbroken other iOS devices in the past but am having some issues.

It came preloaded with 4.3.5, which I know is not able to be jailbroken. However, I've been trying to downgrade to 4.3.3 but haven't had much luck. I repointed my hosts file to saurik's server, but am still getting an error 3194 which means the update isn't valid for my device.

I can ping gs.apple.com and it resolves saurik's ip.

What could I be missing? I think I might need to register my device with saurik's signing server somehow.

Thanks,
Doug

iPad 2 Wifi 32GB
MacOS Lion / Windows 7 x64

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
I have a new iPad 2 that I just purchased. I've jailbroken other iOS devices in the past but am having some issues.

It came preloaded with 4.3.5, which I know is not able to be jailbroken. However, I've been trying to downgrade to 4.3.3 but haven't had much luck. I repointed my hosts file to saurik's server, but am still getting an error 3194 which means the update isn't valid for my device.

I can ping gs.apple.com and it resolves saurik's ip.

What could I be missing? I think I might need to register my device with saurik's signing server somehow.

Thanks,
Doug

iPad 2 Wifi 32GB
MacOS Lion / Windows 7 x64

Since your iPad came with 4.3.5 Preinstalled, u didn't have a chance to save your 4.3.3's SHSH Blobs. To downgrade to a particular version, u need exactly the same version's SHSH blob.

So in short there is no way for you to go back to 4.3.3. :(

All u can do is tethered jaibreak on 4.3.5..

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Since your iPad came with 4.3.5 Preinstalled, u didn't have a chance to save your 4.3.3's SHSH Blobs. To downgrade to a particular version, u need exactly the same version's SHSH blob.

How do you make a tethered jailbreak on iPad2? Can you share the steps?

I haven't seen anyone saying that it's working on iPad2.

Thanks

doug4772

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011

This is what I was afraid of...

Thanks,
Doug

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

How do you make a tethered jailbreak on iPad2? Can you share the steps?

I haven't seen anyone saying that it's working on iPad2.

Thanks

As far as I know, tethered jailbreak is only possible with iPad 1. With iPad 2, if you have 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 and you do not have your SHSH Blob saved, then you are out of luck. There is no way to downgrade/jailbreak, yet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.