iPad 2 jailbreak real benefits?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by tee7788, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tee7788 macrumors newbie

Please someone let me know the what the real benefits of jailbreaking wifi ipad 2 are? I mean what are the most popular jb apps for the wifi ipad you guys are installing? I currently have iphone 4 jailbroken and benefit from MyWi, installous, 3G unrestrictor, and sb settings. I just don’t see any must have jb apps for a wifi ipad 2. Thanks in advanced.

2. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Basically SBSettings and themes with themes being the main reason people JB

with the JB keep in mind it'll slow the iPad a bit so if you don't see use for it stay stock

3. NEvolution macrumors regular

I really dislike the default folders so the first thing I installed was FolderEnhancer.
    As for SBSettings, I don't find myself using that much on the iPad2 as the only toggle I might use is wifi and it's always turned on. I'm accustomed to adjusting brightness through the switcher instead.
    For the few iPhone apps that I have installed, RetinaPad is a great add-on.

4. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The only reason I'd want to jailbreak is MyWi and FaceTime over 3G, for iPod touch and iPad WiFi only I don't see the need.

5. donmoosavi macrumors newbie

There's also UI customization with themes and dreamboard, as well as emulation, various tweaks and such. I feel like after my device is open, I can breathe freely; it's freedom man.

6. ericlin0122 macrumors member

7. tee7788 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your responses! Seems like most people jailbreak for customizing with winterboard. I think I will stay away from jb for now. I'm more interested in the upcoming iOS 5.0 update.

8. bwhitta macrumors regular

I jailbroke my iPhone and iPad solely for Grooveshark. So nice not having to worry about syncing music. If I'm on the go and a song comes into my head, I can simply search for it and have it playing in a matter of seconds.

9. aleni macrumors 68020

install fakeclockup, it will make your fast iPad feels even faster!

10. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

i jb my ipad for retinapad, winterboard , folderenchancer, gridlock, ifile etc.
    on my ip4hone i got much more but on my ipad i dont want to make it ful of tweaks.
    i didnt even dwnloaded sbsettings, i got homescreen settings and then i can mace a shortcut of anything i want on the springboard. so i use it for the wifi togle, like androids :p

11. lnxreddy macrumors newbie

Reason i jailbreak was to use iFile and CCK which does not work :(
    of-course all other apps like sbsettings are like icing on the cake.

12. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

For My3G so I can watch videos in Wifi quality and SBS settings. Thats all imma use

13. itsmeoreo macrumors member

14. ppeewang macrumors newbie

SB Settings, Infinidock and Retinapad are my main reasons.