iPad Ipad 2 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by migdaddy, Jun 8, 2012.

1. migdaddy, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

migdaddy macrumors 6502

Im completely new to jailbreaking. Im about to jailbreak my iPad2 on 5.1.1. I know about Redsnow and absinthe, but theres so many versions and links out there. Can someone hook me up with a link to the correct/best one? Ill be doing it on my macbook pro. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Just saw another post with a link to Green poison. Is this an untethered jailbreak?

2. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

First off, absinthe is greenpoison, second, it really doesn't matter which one you use, as you can upgrade the jailbreak in cydia when the process is done.

If you are set on finding the highest one anyways, I believe absinthe's current version is 2.0.4, not sure about redsn0w, but they both do the same thing.

Absinthe 2.0.4 for windows:
    https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-win-2.0.4.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Mac:
    https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-mac-2.0.4.dmg?attredirects=0&d=1

Linux:
    https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-linux-2.0.4.tar.bz2?attredirects=0&d=1

Straight from greenpois0n.com

3. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

And this is an untethered jailbreak right? Or do I Untether it in cydia?

4. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

It is untethered.

5. ManUMark macrumors member

Absinthe 2.0.4 is the one i used this week to JB my iPad. It is so simple (no putting it in DFU halfway thru as in older versions) and there is nothing to do apart from doing a backup before. Lots of good vids on YT to walk you thru it. Once JB is done recheck YT for how to get sources etc.

6. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

I did it. Took all of 30 seconds. Now im trying to figure out Cydia. Im trying to change my theme but everyone of them says cannot locate package. I did v2.0.4. Confused.

7. ManUMark macrumors member

You will need Winterboard or Springboard. All you need is on YT.

8. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Im in changes and have a huge list of themes. Winterboard and springboard. IS that what your talking about?

9. ManUMark, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

ManUMark macrumors member

10. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Hes saying the sources to add but I cant effin understand what hes saying. Would help if he typed it out. :confused::confused:

11. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

haha im so confused. So im Cydia. Im in changes. I go to a theme that I like out of the millions in the list and install it. I return to Cydia. Nothing happens. I go into Installed and I see it in there with a check mark. Theres no option to have it be my theme. If I go into the main settings on the ipad, I go to spring board, and I see it on there. I select it, and choose re spring. Iphone reboots, and nothing. 1 of them only changed JUST the background. Thats it. I want the whole theme. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Im totally new to this. Thank you.

Ok I think I figured it out. I had to enable Springboard. Wow this stuff is crazy

12. ManUMark macrumors member

After downloading winterboard you will then need to add the theme of your choice. Download the theme and open winterboard and 'select themes' and the downloaded theme will be there for selection.

13. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

I got that. Thanks. Just doesnt change the stuff at the top like the Ipad and wifi and time and battery like it shows on the screenshot. Does it HAVE to be specified for an IPad? Like a ipod theme wont work for an ipad or will it?

14. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Wondering if someone can help me out. I have a theme picked out, but it doesn't install the entire theme. I get the background and part of the lock screen, but not all. I don't get fonts and status bar changes. I have summer board enabled.