iPad 2 jailbreakme, questions

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Amazingcuziam, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Amazingcuziam macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi, Im not sure this is the right forum for this, but it's worth a shot.
    Now, what I "need" Is for some people who own the iPad 2 32GB on 4.3.3, to tell me whether they've gotten jailbreakme.com to work, and some of the pros & cons to it. Also, what are the risks using jbme on iPad 2,

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What you 'need' is to read and search in MR or google. Your questions has been asked million of times.

3. Amazingcuziam thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I know, I completely realize how many times it's been asked, and I don't just want a yes or no, I thought I made it pretty clear? What I wanted was people to tell me that it worked on their iPad 2s, so I can get permission to jailbreak mine. I already jailbroke my iPhone 3GS and love it, but my mom thinks there is a risk on the iPad 2 (because I was unsuccessful in finding 'proof'. If I wanted people to half read my question and flame me, dont you think I would have gone to 4chan, not a functional forum? Thanks anyway, I'll look around elsewhere.

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

You didn't. You made it sound like you wanted to know if it did work and info on other misc jailbreak stuff, the fact the you wanted success stories only really makes sense given your scenario.

Why don't you just jailbreak it, show her that it worked, and all is well? She can't exactly yell at you for not breaking your own iPad, because that's what will happen. If it doesn't, you can restore and she will never know (but it will work, so that won't be necessary :p).

5. Amazingcuziam thread starter macrumors newbie

you're correct, she can't yell at me for not breaking it, but she can yell at me for doing it behind her back. I understand that it works just fine, but she doesn't, and doesn't want to have a $700.00 paper-weight (can't really blame her.).
    I'm sorry for not making it as clear as I could have, my phone was nearing death, and I didn't have alot of time to write the post.
    I just need someone to tell me it worked, to help me prove there's no risk of it bricking from JBme, (as said already, the documentation on JBme doesn't mention the iPad 2, so she doesn't think it works.) then I'll be able to get permission (and here I was, thinking this would be easy.)

6. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

Jailbreakme.com is great. The only thing it does is add Cydia to your home screen.
    It wont brick your iPad, and if something does go wrong you can always restore through iTunes, so make sure you save a back up before jailbreaking.

Alot of the horror stories and problems people report from jailbreaking come from all the mods they install on their devices.

Honestly I jailbreak just for the emulators... its totally worth it.

7. Amazingcuziam thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish more of them (emulators) worked on 4.3.3 :(
    I really wish it was as easy as just telling her jailbreakme.com is great, but I'v tried that already =\. I'v already jailbroken my iPhone and my cousins iTouch and love it, but the iPad is not cheap. And, with the whole restoring thing, they keep throwing a bunch of "What If" scenarios at me (Ex, What if it gets dropped. What if it stops syncing. Blah blah blah). Well, hopefully someone will come along and have jailbroken theirs, and say something :).

8. Quazimojo macrumors regular

Quazimojo

There is 0 risk just Jailbreaking your iPad so if that is what she needs to hear then she can read what i just posted.

The risks come from installing things from Cydia that do not belong on the iPad like for instance iPhone stuff.

As others have said you just restore/upgrade if there is an issue but heck you can have problems with a bone stock iPad/iTouch device without ever Jailbreaking as well so stuff happens regardless and might require a restore of some sort.

Since you have already jailbroken your 3GS and an iTouch then you already are aware of all the stupid things you can do if you dont pay attention but from the sound of it you are more then intelligent enough to read what you are about to install.

Good luck :).

9. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

if you use jailbreakme.com, all it will do is put the cydia icon on your home screen...just bury it a folder or something and she will never know the difference LOL

10. Amazingcuziam thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL she won't know the difference, IF I don't use Cydia for ANYTHING. What's the point in jailbreaking, if you don't get to use the features. Well thought-out post, genius.

11. deano546 macrumors newbie

No need to insult him, he is only trying to help, alot of people don't use themes or make the OS cosmetically different, there's alot more to jailbreaking than that.
    JailbreakMe works 99% of the time, if it doesn't work, all you have to do is restore.

12. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

No we understand what you want!

JBme 3.0 is release to jb ipad 2. There were other tools for other idevices before jbme was release.

JBme is very stable now. Just remember to download the pdf patcher 2 in Cydia after JB.

You need to explain to your mom that there's no difference between JBing an iPod touch, iPhone or iPad. They all uses the same tool. If you were to screw up an ipod touch then you will screw up with ipad too. Moreover, it's not like you will brick your idevice. You can just restore it through iTunes.

13. pchan87 macrumors newbie

Grow up.

14. Amazingcuziam thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not the one tell someone to jailbreak an iDevice behind their parents back.

15. kalex macrumors 65816

Your mom forbade u from jailbreaking so DON'T

jailbreakme.com works fine and if u don't go cydia crazy u won't have any problems. BTW it is impossible (practically) to brick an IOS device. You can always restore it to factory in DFU mode and itunes..

Word of advice - watch that tone of yours or people will start posting links to google