Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lisalover1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I recently upgraded my iPad 2 to iOS 6.1 and Jailbroke the device with Evasi0n. I had to do a system restore during install, but I finally got it working again. But, for some reason, now when I try and boot my device, it either gets sick at the Apple logo, or eventually progresses to a progress wheel for a few seconds, then reboots. Is there any solution to this?

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Did you jailbreak with evasi0n 1.2, or the original? If the boot loop started after installing a tweak, do a force reboot by holding power and home until it reboots. Then immediately hold volume up until the device boots. You'll then be in safe mode, and can open Cydia and uninstall the offending tweak.

If you jailbroke with the original evasi0n and haven't done the updates in Cydia, then do those updates, which fix a boot loop problem with the original tool that manifests on a reboot.

lisalover1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Well, it worked fine until I installed Siriport, which I have read has been giving 6.1 users the same issue. Is it possible to boot into a safe mode so I can remove it? I tried booting the device while holding Volume Up, but that doesn't work; it just goes into the same broken boot cycle I mentioned earlier. Also, I had updated the Evasi0n exploit to the latest version via Cydia, but jailbroke it with 1.0.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Did you do a force reboot before holding volume up? It won't work during the boot loop if you just hold volume up, but if you are looping, and do a force reset, then immediately hold volume up until it boots, it should get you to safe mode. If you can't get to safe mode, you'll likely need to do a DFU restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.