Ipad 2 java runtime environment Not supported

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shelo, Aug 7, 2011.

1. shelo macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Need help i got new ipad 2, 32 gb, wifi only. I tried to use this ipad 2 to remote my computer in the office but it require to have first java runtime environment. Please help me to resolve this issue. I've read a while ago that apple is not supported the java for ipad because it's too old. It's that true? Please help
    :(

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no way to run Java applets on the iPad. There is a jailbroken Java program to run Java runtime programs, but it is not what you need.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

There must be another application you can use to remote in, like TeamViewer or VNC or RDP?

4. shelo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi ipad users

I was using a website like a portal then after log in it gives me a message that before you can access this page you need to have java runtime environment. I'm a bit dissapointed. Do you know guys the linked for making a suggestion in the apple? My concerned is for ipad to be more productive not just for entertainment and games... Thank you in advance

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Here you go: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

In my opinion, I don't think Apple will ever include Java in iOS.

6. shelo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link. Hope they changed their mind, I've got a valid reason in this issue.

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

It's very unlikely they'll allow the Java runtime on the iPad.