Ipad 2 just died (again)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sterling99, Apr 5, 2011.

1. sterling99 macrumors newbie

I bought an IPAD2 on March 11th 32g ATT and received it on the 25th. I enjoy using it and it has been great for a variety of different reasons.

On Thursday I picked it up and it would not turn on. I freaked out as I was getting on a plane in about 5 hours and needed it. I plugged it in and kept playing with it till it turned on again. All has been well until just now.

I used the Ipad all day and when I went to use it, done. Wont turn on Itunes says it is receiving an invalid signal from the device.

Am I the only one? I will be at apple in the AM

2. tkadrum macrumors member

3. sterling99, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

sterling99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Please read the post, it died and I got it working again. Looks like it is done for good this time.

Update. If I hold the top button and the home button down it seems to reset..... I have it working. Anyone have any insight here?

4. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Dead battery? Did it come back on after pushing the home button and sleep button at the same time?

5. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Maybe a faulty unit. Hopefully you can recreate it in front of a genius.

6. jbiz macrumors member

it is still in the 14 day window.. OP just needs to get it swapped before friday (to be extra safe)..

7. sterling99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it tuned back on after hitting sleep and home. What does that mean?

8. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

hahaha i lol'd

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

System froze and it needed to be restarted. Maybe you should restore and set it up as new. I know that apple will have you do that in store to see if problem can be repeated before replacing (have had it done many times with different iPhones). But if you go in saying you've already restored and still have the problem when they run a diagnostic it will show it had been restored within the last 7 days.

10. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I get this with my iPhone 4, pressing the home and power button at the same time fixes it, it can become a little bit of a nuisance sometimes though :mad:.

11. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Read your manual.

12. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

This seems to be a problem that some iPad 2 owners are reporting. I've experienced both random reboots and a lockup similar to the one described by OP.

It has also been described elsewhere on the Macrumors forum and on Apple's support forum. It's not entirely clear if this is a software or hardware failure. Some users have had their iPad's replaced by Apple.

I've also noticed, and this may or not be associated with this bug, that some apps that are updated lose their install location and end up at various pages. This last occurred when my iPad 2 completely locked up.