iPad 2 keep unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jjk454ss, Mar 3, 2011.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

So my search turns up old information, I hope I am not starting a duplicate thread here.

I plan on selling my iPad and getting the iPad 2, what do I need to do to keep my unlimited data plan? Do I keep the SIM? I am hoping to sell my iPad soon, but I am willing to wait until I get the new one if I need to in order to keep my unlimited data plan

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You plan is tied to your billing account, not your physical SIM. Just keep paying your bill and you should be fine.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Spoke to ATT iPad support about this yesterday. When you get your new iPad you need to call ATT up and have them xfer the plan from your iPad to your iPad2.

4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Why wouldn't you just swap the SIM card? Thus no call to AT&T necessary (and no potential for them to screw up).

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

This is definitely important to me too, and I hope that clear info is released by ATT and/or Apple between now and March 11.

Im getting the 2 no matter what, but I'd really like to keep my grandfathered plan...

7. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

agree. this will depend on what model i get. If i can't keep my plan, i'm getting the wifi and using my iphone as the hotspot.

8. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I was thinking about this as well. I really don't even know how much data I use, I never really check it since I have unlimited anyway. But I know I could get by with a lot less using wifi when I'm able. Now I generally just use 3G because I can. I don't know if this will include older, unlimited plans, but I like the idea of one bill:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/03/...-post-paid-plan-for-tablets-for-those-who-pr/