iPad 2 keeps shutting down

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RickyB, Jun 7, 2011.

1. RickyB macrumors regular

I recently got an iPad 2, delivered by Best Buy (UK). I also bought a case from them. a Tucano one.

I set the iPad up last Thursday, using the previous backup of my iPhone, so that it would have my settings. All has beewell, except for the fact that several times a day, when I am not using it, it shuts off, meaning a have to press the power button to bring it back.

On one occasion, the date was reset to January 1970.

It happens when several apps are running, and when no apps are running.

This may be a coincidence but it seems to happen when the case is closed. I thought it might be something to do with the "iPad cover lock/unlock" setting, as the iPad was correctly locking when I closed the cover. But I have now disabled this feature and the problem happened again.

The problem did not occur last night when I left the cover open, nor has it occurred on occasions where the cover is closed, but the charger is connected.

If it makes a difference, the Tucano cover doesn't appear to have magnets like Apple's smart covers do.

I tried a restore yesterday, but no joy.

Any ideas, or am I going to have to take it back to Best Buy (and hope they have more in stock)?

Thanks

2. 126351 Guest

Did you not read the iPad 2 woes on the BBS? :cool:

3. RickyB thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Maybe I'm being slow.

Anyway, took it back to Best Buy, but they had none in. The Applevstore tried a firmware update, but it didnt work, so they replaced it the next day. New one seems to be working ok.