Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stovepiper

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
I reckon I'll be waiting in line at West Town mall Friday like a shmuck for the iPad 2. Anyone have any experience with Apple product launches in Knoxville prior to this? What sort of line should I expect?

I plan on checking in around noon to see what is going on. I'll either get in line then or come back around 3pm depending on the crowd. I'm not looking forward to waiting in line, but I can't resist the urge to have one of these things in my grubby little hands Friday night.

If anyone else is planning to go, it would be great to update this thread with the status of the event. I will once I get there.

calebcg

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Not really

I was also wondering what the line will be like in Knoxville. I found these pictures from the iPad launch but they aren't too informative.

Stovepiper

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
My wife got in line at West Town Mall at 2:00pm. She says it's insane, probably 100 or so people in front of her.

Stovepiper

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Heads up, mall security is not letting people bring chairs due to fire code. At first they weren't even letting people sit on the floor but are now. Pretty dumb in my opinion.

fox777

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Lmao. 100 people, thats crazy. Any reports of different locations besides west town mall?

Nedrie

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
If you are getting a 3G version, you can buy them at 5:00PM at the official Verizon or AT&T stores (not resellers). I'm at the Verizon Wireless in Turkey Creek and I am the only person here waiting for an iPad 2. Wait, two more people just walked in. So, 3 people. They are writing down names on a legal pad as you come in.

Just a heads up, if you think lines are for suckers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.