Ipad 2 launch day sucks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by samurais, Mar 12, 2011.

1. samurais macrumors newbie

dont know who organized this launch day~ It's really sucks. Why dont they take pre-order and do better forecasting and stocking. So everyone can get what they want. Now many people who stayed in line for hours can't get what they want. Does apple really enjoy seeing the crowd and news? I bet they are wrong. Now all news and headlines are anything but Ipad2.

2. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Sounds like you're just pissed that you didn't get one. And of course they enjoy seeing the crowds and news; what co wouldnt want to see that?

3. xanatos macrumors regular

Boo hoo. Shouldve skipped work woke up and got there by 8am and sat around and got the one ya wanted like me.
    I'm enjoying this on my new iPad while you still bitch and whine by not thinking ahead and watching history

Did you know thousands are dead in japan and you are crying cause you didn't get an ipad

4. samurais, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011

samurais thread starter macrumors newbie

No. I didn't go for the crowd and ordered online at 1:00AM PST and just feel sorry for those folks who lined hours for some models they don't want. Now all news are overwhelmed by Tsunami and earthquake. Seems nobody cares too much about Ipad2

5. black743 macrumors 6502

We have tons here, I just left the Best Buy and they had a whole cage full, seriously like a full skid. I thought they were the ipad 1 until I saw the front of the box.

6. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

This posting made my day :cool:

7. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Well tsunami and earthquake are a little more important, no?
    Kinda doubt nobody cares for the iPad. U did see the lines right?

8. samurais thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, people does care about Ipad. But Apple doesn't care about their customers. Their only want is publicity exposure. But news doesn't buy it.

9. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

... and at least one potential nuclear plant meltdown. The fact that Apple's iPad toy didn't get headlines really proves nothing.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

There's always the option of not participating on launch day... I'm serious here, if the drama and chances of not getting what you want are a problem, then the best route would have been to order online early Friday morning while estimated shipping times were low.

11. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

I love the amount of people complaining and whining about the launch just because they didn't get their model *cough* 9to5Mac *cough*.

In reality, Apple executed a great launch day. They got the coverage they wanted and many people got their iPads.

Apple is either having stock issues or they're holding back stock. Supply constraints have been reported, something which I bet is out of Apple's control (why would they hold back potential earnings?). Or their holding back stock for international launches, which only seems fair.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ever think that they literally can't make these fast enough to keep up with demand? The first day teardowns show that the CHIPS inside were manufactured in January or Februrary. Thats not the iPad assembly itself, that happens after. Clearly they were ramping up production till the last minute with this, and haven't managed to manufacture enough for demand yet.

But hey, I'm sure Apple would rather generate buzz with shortfalls than profits by actually moving the profit. :rolleyes:

13. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

Exactly. This is evident in the yellow blotches seen on some iPad 2's purely because the glue hasn't had time to evaporate yet!

14. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

The bit in bold? Yeah, not possible. No matter what Apple did they'd NEVER manage to achieve that. The only way to do so would be to have tens of millions of units available for launch day and ONLY accept orders on-line as there's no way to 100% accurately predict demand in every retail location across the country. As it is you could order the precise model you wanted on-line and get it in a few days (or, if you were late to the party, a couple of weeks). The way some are carrying on it's like you'll NEVER get hold of one.

Can I just ask... and this honestly isn't meant to be rude but I fear it may come across as such... why have so many people seemingly lost the plot over the iPad 2 launch? Seriously, have a look around this forum and sanity seems to have taken a (hopefully brief) vacation. People screaming about faults which, while annoying, are easily solved by returning the unit or, in some cases, are setting standards that no product would live up to. Attempts to brand certain (currently rare) faults with the dreaded 'gate' suffix. Full on hissy fits about not getting what THEY want and how Apple have "blown the launch" despite somehow managing to get a product from announcement to launch in a week and a half, in large quantities, while preparing for an international launch just two weeks later (something I can't think of any game company, who are pretty much the only similar entities, doing).

Yes, I appreciate these problems are annoying but this is the same nonsense that blighted the iPhone 4 launch and the net result is the same: a lot of rubbish and a signal-to-noise ratio so poor people with genuine problems looking for help are going to struggle to get it.

15. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Dude you took a day off work to stand in line? How the hell does that make sense? Just let people pre-order the damn things. Many people who love apple products still have a life.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Oh I know, some people are so selfish. Talking and concerned about people dying in the earthquake or swept out to see because of the Tsunami. Don't people realize it was the iPad2 launch day. Really so what if it was the strongest earthquake to strike Japan. People were waiting in line for hours for an iPad :rolleyes:

17. Pigumon macrumors 6502

Pigumon

I also know those Japanese wouldn't skip work for something non-emergency like buying an iPad. :p

18. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

Sir, you need to get your priorities straight. There are people who've died, are dying, trapped, and so forth. That is WAY more important than the launch of a new toy. It's great that Apple can give use thee devices, but human life is WAY more important.
    Suck it up princess.

19. ozred macrumors 6502

I got mine yesterday, timing is everything.

Think: Speed of Implementation :)

20. deadwalrus macrumors regular

There are simply not enough. Apple probably moved up the launch to steal Xoom's thunder (what little it had).

If they don't want to do a pre-order, that's their business. The only thing I have a bit of a problem with is not allowing stores to tell people how many they have in stock, which results in a lot of people wasting a lot of their time only to leave with nothing but hard feelings.

If you know you don't have supply, let people reserve or whatnot. I feel bad for the people waiting all day to get nada.

21. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Earthquake News trump iPad launches everytime ... one month from now we will still be dealing with the tragedy in Japan ... the iPad2 launch will all be forgotten.

22. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

They may not care about me like my family does but I've never had customer service over the years from any other company that is on the same level.
    Gonna bounce from this thread now. You're obviously not a troll, just a bad whiner.

23. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I stood in line and didn't get one and I'll live to tell the tale. It'll just make me appreciate it more when I do score one. I did get a cheesy black pen with an Apple logo on it and a T-Shirt with a Mac logo on it so I didn't walk away totally empty handed. I met a lot of cool people on line also. Had a good time.

Am I disappointed? A little, as I had an iPad that I sold the day before so I know how great they are, it is a little different than someone who has not used one before. I'm already in a bit of withdrawal but again I'll get over it and will remember most the neat people on line with me.

24. clank72 macrumors regular

According to latest statistics 156,000 people die every day. With or without an earthquake. Including accidental, natural and planned suicides. As of last night an estimated 1800 people died from the Japan Tsunami.

Also, while you are out partying all night or buying Apple products, children and babies and dogs are also being tortured and raped all over the world, every second.

So take a deep breath, relax. This is called life. We are here to keep our minds occupied and you have no control over the earth.

25. nvcplus macrumors regular

Here is a strategy, why don't you just imagine that the launch date isn't til April. It is like you just preordered it this week and you'll get it on launch! Just have a few beta testers walking around with some before you get yours though :/