iPad 2 Launch Southgate Mall in Edmonton

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by Bodda, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Bodda macrumors newbie

So I really want to get an iPad 2 on launch day (March 25th), and be sure that I get one. It looks like all Apple Stores in Canada will be opening at 8 AM for the launch (http://www.ipadincanada.ca/ipad-news/exclusive-apple-canada-launching-ipad-2-at-8am-on-march-25/), though every time I call any Apple Store they tell me they aren't sure yet if they are going to be open earlier or not. This will be the first Apple product I will ever buy, but hopefully more to come :)

I would like some advice: How early should I show up to ensure I get an iPad? Will Southgate mall in Edmonton be open for the 8AM launch? It is still very cold here in Edmonton, and I don't want to be waiting outside for 4 hours. If we do have to wait outside the mall doors, when the doors open, will it be the fastest runners who end up in line first?

I would really like to make my first Apple product purchase the best it can be. Any advice on how I can achieve that?

2. kcor macrumors newbie

RE: Ipad 2 launch at southgate

I just talked to the people at southgate. I was told the store will open at 10:00am like usual but that they won't start selling the ipad until 5pm. They also said there is a limit of 2 per customer and they don't know which configurations they will have. I'm like you - I don't want to be hanging around forever but it looks like not only will people have to arrive hours early to get a spot in line but they will have to wait until 5:00pm just to buy it. Yikes.

3. Bodda thread starter macrumors newbie

It has now been confirmed that the iPad will be launched in Canada at 5PM. I have seen some posts from people claiming that they will be waiting in line starting at 5AM!! I think I will try to be there at around 12, but I have a bad feeling that stock will be very limited, and the line will be HUGE.

I will have to skip school for this, but totally worth it ;)

4. dalaw macrumors newbie

Does anyone know when southgate mall will be open for people to start lining up? Not that I want to be the first one, but I have some meetings at 7 I need to go to so I just want to get in and out once it launches... hopefully.

5. smurph macrumors newbie

smurph

I believe the mall doors open at 7 am. That being said, I doubt you'll be able to 'get in and get out' with the predicted lineups. A friend and I are aiming to be there at 8 am but I think there will be a lineup of over 100 people by then. Just my prediction. We'll see. And I don't think the lineups are going to cease at all. They'll run out of devices before the ques run out of people.