iPad 2 launch - Toronto

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by wurgi, Mar 22, 2011.

1. wurgi macrumors member

Hey guys! So, who's lining up this coming Friday here in Toronto? I am still struggling to decide what to do: don't know if lining up in the morning at BestBuy, get my ticket and go to work, then pick up my iPad 2 after work (cannot get the entire day off), or leave after lunch and try to lineup at the Apple Store at Eaton Centre, hoping it won't be way too busy (not sure about FutureShop: I only want the 16GB WIFI White, I don't wanna just settle to whatever it is available).

What do you guys suggest? What's your strategy?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Ticket? Didn't know they were handing out tickets.

3. profets macrumors 68040

I'm still unsure.. No idea how good the stock Bestbuy gets will be.. no idea how crazy the lines at apple stores may become..

4. Inkygirl macrumors newbie

Inkygirl

I'm lining up! What time are the stores going to be selling the iPads, does anyone know? I've heard rumors of 5 pm but also rumors of 10 am.

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't run out of iPads before I get to the front of the line oh please oh please oh please

Debbie
    (@ipadgirl on Twitter)

5. wurgi thread starter macrumors member

So, who's lining up tomorrow? If all goes as planned, I should be at the Eaton Centre's Apple Store at 1PM, hopefully it won't be too late. Anybody there as well? :D

6. profets macrumors 68040

Probably Square One for me.

7. wurgi thread starter macrumors member

Any idea if usually it's any better than lining up in downtown?

8. profets macrumors 68040

Not sure. Only time I was there was for iPhone 4 last year and lines were insane. Really have nothing to compare it to lol.

9. wurgi thread starter macrumors member

The lineup in front of Eaton Centre has already started...

http://plixi.com/p/86520651

Makes me wonder if I should go somewhere else instead.

10. profets macrumors 68040

It means you should be lining up now lol.

I think any apple store will be safe for launch day. Even if its a long line, I think they'll be good with large quantities for the weekend.

11. wurgi thread starter macrumors member

No way I'm spending the night out with this cold :p Plus I'm working. I'll be heading there tomorrow at 12:30. Yeah, I think t should be fine, although I only want the 16GB White.

12. profets macrumors 68040

Yeah, no way i'd line up overnight. Probably go tomorrow mid day to square one.

13. Insilin1i macrumors regular

Sherway Gardens usually has less people lined up since it is not very easy to get their by TTC. Well it had less people during the iPhone 4 launch compared to some of the other malls.

14. wurgi thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking of going to Eaton Centre, but reading after reading some tweets about the massive lineups, I decided to go to Yorkdale instead. I got there at 1:30 and there were about 300 people before me. At 6:30, I walked out with the iPad of my choice. Sweet!