iPad 2 Launch (Touchwood, Solihull)

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by tsteakuk, Mar 21, 2011.

1. tsteakuk macrumors member

Hi guys, wanted to see what people's thoughts are on the iPad 2 Launch in Solihull and if anyone had any news or info.
    Far as I'm concerned I'll be there, from previous launches people turned up and queued around 5.30/6 in the morning, from info I got from Touchwood security, on 25th they will be opening the Poplar Entrance (near John Lewis) before any other door due to the problems with too many open at the same time, which in turn caused too much chaos at previous launches.car park queuers will be led to the back of the main entrance line to keep order so personally would be just easier to walk round to secure your space and avoid disappointment.
    As normal touchwood don't tend to give much away so I was lucky to get any info at all but it sounded fairly well thoughtout to stop any apple madness happening.

If your going, good luck and share any info as I have and we can all hopefully enjoy a nice new iPad 2 come Friday.

2. tsteakuk thread starter macrumors member

iPad 2 Delayed to 5PM

As you maybe aware,iPad 2 has now been delayed till 5pm Friday and it's looking like mayhem will happen on touchwood Friday,you may need to think of packing some sandwiches lol

3. tsteakuk thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Recently update, due to the 5pm delay touchwoods opening will revert back to normal hours on Friday morning, same protocol for queuing but of course it's going to be a long day for some. no word from the touchwood apple store as to how they will handle it to not disgruntle the other stores in the shopping centre, considering previous launches sold out and people moved on later in the day so we will see.if your going let me know and might see you there.

4. Kaulitz macrumors member

I will be there for around 1pm. I have scheduled around this day with my only client meeting ending at 11am. My friend will be looking after my business for the day and trying his best not to interrupt me. I will be wearing a brown jacket and probably carrying a black leather bag, if you see me say hi.
    If anyone wants to buddy up in the queue then either PM me or leave a reply here and we can arrange something. It would be nice to have someone to chat to and to help hold places if we need the loo :D

5. appleboyy macrumors 6502

would be useful if anyone could spare some time in the queue to keep a site updated with a liveblog/livefeed

www.ipad2queue.co.uk

PM if you wanna help

6. tsteakuk thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Poplar road entrance main queue has started. Will fill you in as things progress. 10hours 10mins to go.

7. Kaulitz macrumors member

8. bingles macrumors newbie

Is 2pm too late?

I thinking that I'll be able to get there between 2 and 2.30pm... What do we reckon, too late or not?

9. tsteakuk thread starter macrumors member

Late comers

Its now 9.50 and the queue is forming well infront of the Apple store,touchwood. I have heard rumours abound that white models are limited and iPad stock isn't as many here as the bigger london stores, so if your planning to be a late comer cancelled your meetings, leave work early or just cry off ill, because your going to be waiting in line a long time and your going to be very angry if stock has gone. people started turning up near 6.30am and the line is getting bigger.

10. tsteakuk thread starter macrumors member

2.15pm got to be about 60+ people lining up now. 45 minutes till the Apple store closes for the Launch set up. People joining a lot heavier now but you still might be lucky!