iPad 2 launch, Trafford centre, uk.

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by Markcol, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Markcol macrumors newbie

I'll be going to the Trafford centre, who else is and who has been before for a launch.

2. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

I was due to go to my local store in Liverpool, but due to having to be in Stockport for something on Friday morning I'll be heading to the Trafford Centre.

Looking like I'll get there around 12pm, earlier if possible. 32Gb WiFi or 64GB WiFi for me

3. KaRmAChAnG macrumors newbie

I'll be going but I won't get off work til 5, then driving from Knutsford is gonna be about 45mins-1hour.

Got my iPhone 4 at the Arndale but that was a shambles, hence why I'm opting for the TC this time round.

Kind of hoping for some sort of pre-order system like they did with iPhone 4 though (fat chance, I know).

4. Markcol thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping for early launch as there are videos of iPad launch at the TC on YouTube and it looked busy and it was a guide as the front person was there around 5am reading the comments, I think the 5pm queue will be much bigger as it can catch more people.

I am planning to go there when it opens and keep an eye out for people starting to queue I will update on this post whilst there to give people an idea of the queue size

5. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll be doing the same. Be there for around 10am and check out any queue. If none, I'll chill out for a bit and join when one starts.
    Got the day off work but hadn't planned on spending 7 hours waiting for the iPad 2 !!

If anyone's on Twitter my name is the same as this, add me and send me a message if you want to hook up on the day (thinking for saving space for toilet breaks etc!)

6. Nicksp macrumors newbie

Looks like I'll be heading to the Trafford centre too. My plan was to queue up 930/10 as it's simply impossible to know what time the queue is really going to get huge so prefer to be there early. Anyone up for queuing together so we can take toliet reals and grab some food..?

7. Markcol thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh god I was hoping I wouldnt have to queue that early it will feel a lifetime haha, however I want to be in the first ten to ensure I can get the model I want and I'm unsure between White and black, I'd like to see them first. As for toilet breaks my wife will be there to take my place but I am willing to save a place for anyone as it would be tight to expect people to lose there place.

8. KaRmAChAnG macrumors newbie

Gah! Wish I could be there earlier. I finish work at 5, could get off at 4 maybe 3 if I'm lucky :(.

You guys will probably have your iPads and be off by the time I get there.

9. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just thinking if it is an early launch (fingers crossed), anyone know which is the closest/best entrance to use in the TC

10. Markcol thread starter macrumors newbie

There's a map on the website, but with the apple store being upstairs i wonder which they will open, if it's a morning we will have to ask them on Thursday which door, I hope it's a morning launch

11. gianthamsters macrumors newbie

3 store

Been in 3 g today and they are getting 150 units. They only have 5 pre orders so put my name down to save me queueing. Worth a shot as they are selling outright like apple, so no need for a data plan. Saves waiting for hours in a queue and guaranteed so no waiting around.

12. KaRmAChAnG macrumors newbie

The 3 store in the Trafford Centre? Might give that a bash myself today!

13. gianthamsters macrumors newbie

Hi yeah the 3 store, its opposite Apple on the lower floor

14. Markcol thread starter macrumors newbie

When are people planning on queueing at the Trafford then

15. onthestreet macrumors newbie

Rang the trafford centre today to ask about stock levels for friday & got told we dont tell the public that sort of information i also asked checkly :rolleyes: if they were putting on any entertainment for people in the Que as its a 5pm launch no joy eather looks like its gonna be loading my iphone with movies & tv programs to keep us entertained!

like wise RE keeping a place in the que for toilet breaks for people i will too also be happy to help :)

16. Markcol thread starter macrumors newbie

Did they sound like they were confident of getting many or could you not tell

17. onthestreet macrumors newbie

She (lady i spoke to) didnt want to give me any infomation about there stock levels but told me that the best place to get one would be an Apple Store rather than an apple reseller like PC World etc!
    To be honest it wasnt a very helpfull conversation, all i want to know was if it was worth my time traverling for 2hrs to the trafford center to que up to get one!

18. Markcol thread starter macrumors newbie

I have to travel two hours too, so would really like to know my chances I will prob order one online as backup and cancel if I get one at 5pm check out apples cancelation policy alone
    Cancellations, returns and refunds
    Cancellations

If your order has not yet been dispatched, you can request to cancel your order via online Order Status. If your order is preparing for shipment or already in transit, please wait for your order to be delivered before initiating the return on our Order Status Website or by contacting Apple Store Customer Service. Please note that you may be liable for a return transportation charge.

Returns and Refunds

Returns can be arranged via online Order Status. Please visit our Step-by-Step Guide to learn how to return an item online.

Returns are subject to Apple's Sales and Refunds Policy. If you change your mind, you can return your Standard or Configured-to-Order hardware to us within 14 calendar days of delivery. Software returns are also accepted within this period, but only if the software package is unopened.

To find out more about returns and refunds, please click here.

19. Cardy macrumors member

The TC store will have hundreds of iPads. I have it on good authority. Hope to see the regulars in queue, and DON't worry about stock levels, I can assure you there's plenty to go round.

20. Nicksp macrumors newbie

Has anyone found out what time they will allow us to queue from? I think the shops open at 10am but presume trull let us in earlier than that... I am aiming to get there for 930 ish.. Any of you guys want to join up and queue?

21. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

You were right last year with the iPhone 4

Well you were right last year about iPhone 4 stock so i'm with you Cardy
    ps you want to be careful posting inside information as i know your source

22. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

By the way your source is working Friday so keep me posted PM me after

23. KaRmAChAnG macrumors newbie

Well that's good to know! I also did what gianthamsters said and went to 3. They'll call me to see how it's gonna go down but worst case scenario, I'll get it from them on Tuesday.

If Cardy is to be believed ;), I may just stick around and wait....

24. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

I'm planning on being there from around 10am to check out the queue at the apple store. May join after grabbing some lunch depending in what it's like

25. andrewelliott69 macrumors newbie

Ill keep an Eye out on here but looking at getting there around lunch time