iPad 2 Launch: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by PurpleHeart, Mar 24, 2011.

1. PurpleHeart macrumors member

seriosly no Vancouver thread yet ?

So what will it be?

Apple store vs Best buy or Futureshop ?

I want to go to the Apple store in Pacific centre but am afraid that I won't stand a chance unless I started lining up in the wee hours of morning

I like the best buy line/ticket system (and I am guessing futureshop will have something similar as well? They did for boxing day)

so where are you guys going?

2. nixoninajar macrumors newbie

I wanted to wait first in line in the Pacific Center, starting this evening, but now I got sick :) ...

3. Dubi macrumors newbie

since London Drugs told me they got 16 pre-order and getting just 7 ipad and still don't know which model, i'm going to the Pacific.

I'm thinking about shifting with my boyfriend, so i don't know at what time lining up since we're just a couple of blocks away from the mall the wake up won't be a problem, but the lining could be, since it won't be inside the mall.

4. ownamo macrumors newbie

future shop is not handing out tickets (at least not here in ontario), i went today to ask about that

5. PurpleHeart thread starter macrumors member

just an update.. I thought best buy was supposed to be doing the ticket system at 10am ?

I just called them and I was told that she cannot confirm on any of it .. except that iPads are being released tomorrow

arrrgh

no concrete information even though launch is less than 24 hours away?

sheesh

apple store @ pacific centre said they are doing ipads at 5 but don't know the quantity/stock ...

this is so frustrating I should've just gotten the ipad from the states last week or something

6. Dubi macrumors newbie

i guess they do, it's just marketing.

7. delacruzjeff macrumors member

^^ this is why I will just order online then drive around to see if anyone have a stock then simply cancel my online order.

8. nixoninajar macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; ja-jp) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

So is there anyone at the Pacific Center yet ?

9. nixoninajar macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; ja-jp) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

So is there anyone at the Pacific Center yet ?

10. Malice604 macrumors newbie

Lineup reaches Blenz (Dunsmuir) from the side entrance to the mall (like the iPhone 4 launch). The store was packed, but they are pushing everyone out at 3:00pm.

Good luck to everyone!

11. PurpleHeart thread starter macrumors member

just got back
    got the wifi 32gb white model
    I was shocked to find out that they had only 10 of each white model
    lineups took forever to process arrrgh

there was someone who's been waiting outside (in the rain) since 3am ... crazy