iPad 2-like backplate replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by April Knight, Oct 9, 2011.

1. April Knight, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011

April Knight Suspended

I've been looking into cases and covers, but something that's really intrigued me is the idea of replacing the backplate of my iP4S when it arrives. I own an iPad 2, and I'm a huge fan of uniformity in my gadgets, so I'd really like to get one that looks as close as possible to the back of the iPad 2.

Can anybody point me in the direction of one? Google only throws iPad 2 replacement backs at me when I try my Google-fu.

2. Pikkuroope macrumors member

To be exact, what is it actually that you want? A tear drop design or just maybe an aluminum color scheme with a black apple logo?

3. April Knight thread starter Suspended

The shape doesn't matter so much as the color/texture of the aluminum. I saw one that was a brushed aluminum back with a black Apple logo (the black logo is a must), but the aluminum was... too dark? And the iPad 2 isn't really brushed aluminum. I'll try and find a link to it really quickly.

4. April Knight thread starter Suspended

Yep, that's the one! And while it does look great, if the goal is uniformity, I don't know if that fits quite what I'm looking for (darker than iPad 2 and brushed aluminum instead of the feel of the iPad 2). I mean, what I'm looking for in all likelihood probably doesn't exist, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

5. Pikkuroope macrumors member

You should check eBay, they seem to have pretty many backplate replacements for iPhone 4.

6. April Knight thread starter Suspended

7. Osiis macrumors newbie

They sell "diffusers" there too. Some people say you need one so it doesn't mess up the pictures you take with the flash on.

They are like $3 there.

8. Pikkuroope macrumors member

That's just huge.

9. April Knight thread starter Suspended

Is there something wrong with the blackplate replacements that causes a need for these diffusers? I mean, if it's only three bucks and it's necessary or even just strongly recommended, I have no problem getting one. I'm just not really sure I understand why it's needed is all.

10. Osiis macrumors newbie

Not sure, but I believe there is a diffuser in the stock one. And the replacement back you are looking at doesnt come with one.

So if that is true, I would think you could use the one in the stock case. But I think it stops the flash from bleeding over to the lens inside the case.

But I have never taken my case off so I am not sure if the stock case has a diffuser. Im just assuming it does.

11. April Knight thread starter Suspended

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I'll be sure to pick one up, then.