iPad 2 Limited Supplies?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bluemonkeyguy, Mar 6, 2011.

1. bluemonkeyguy, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011

bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

So by the sound of all the news/forums/blogs, everyone and their mom is buying an iPad.:D Do you think by Sunday the iPad stock will be normalized, or is it going to take some time for the stock of iPads to be ample enough for me to walk into an Apple store and pick one up? I was planning to wait in line on Friday, but it would be nice to walk in Sunday and purchase one. Any previous previous iPad/iPhone4 buyers remember if they had problems days later?

2. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

I had no problems the day later after iPad 1, but always problems with iPhones. I would recommend just waiting in line, if you have the time that is.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Kind of tough to say since it depends on (a) customer demand and (b) Apple's supply. Since we don't quantifiably know either of these, any predictions as to stock status on Sunday would be nothing but a guess.

What I'd suggest is that if having an ipad within a couple days of release is important to you, get up early on Friday morning and order online.

4. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; sv-se) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Apple said they'd ship with volume on the keynote. No idea how they qualify volume though.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

Given that Sunday is the one day the stores are guarantedd not to get shipments in, then it' a questionable strateg. That is, if Friday and Saturday turn out to be hot selling days then there won't be any resupply until Monday at the earliest (if then).

6. camelsnot macrumors 6502

camelsnot

not even. Stores only have 1 or 2 days a week they get supplies in, and most of the time it isn't a Monday.

7. iserian macrumors 6502

SJ - mentioned that they will ship with VOLUME -- It appears that they have had the #2 ready for quite some time and plenty of time to stock-pile enough for initial demand.

8. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

When the iPhone came out my store told me they get shipments every day but sunday. During normal sales season it probably is once or twice a week though.

9. maclook macrumors 65816

Getting an iPhone 4 was a pain in the butt when I went a month after it's release. It took me about a week to finally get my hands on one due to low stock and the newly stocked phones being snagged by people moments before I could.
    Are there any products besides the iPhone that have sold out on release day?

10. iserian macrumors 6502

I hear you -- The nightmare of getting my Viphone -- I think I had to log in at Midnight and - well the phone arrived a few days later ;) Too bad we can't do what with the Pad #2.

11. poloponies macrumors 68030

Apple store was getting daily resupply with the original iPad (daily except for Sunday).

12. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Well, the big difference between the iPad 2 launch and most other high profile apple products, is, this time, there were NO PreOrders allowed. Not sure why Apple deviated, but some think it means supplies could not meet both pre-order demands and launch day sales. Plus publicity is better with big store lines and most getting what they got in line for.

13. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

oh gawd!! you scared me!
    see im planning to buy an iPad 1, but i need to ask my dad first (i need the CC info.. lol) and well when you wrote: iPad Limited Supplies?. i freaked out hehe.

but like others have said, iPad 2 stocks should be fairly level. good luck buying one!~!

14. NunnOtha macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Spoke with apple store manager today, I was told that there will be plenty to go around especially the higher memory models. The store does not open until 5 friday, lines will be cut off at 10pm, and others will be given rainchecks for saturday morning. Good luck guys!

15. bluemonkeyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Rainchecks??? That sounds good:D

16. zenio macrumors 6502

Don't buy into the madness, there will be plenty available. No worries.

17. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

You've obviously never worked at Apple Retail. My store got in shipments a minimum of 3 days per week and many times 4-5. Your notion of 1-2 days a week is completely off the mark...

18. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Guess, it depends which one you want at what store. Plus, they are shipping a huge amount to 26 other countries in two weeks from US launch. So, not sure!

19. Fireworld macrumors member

Just sacrifice 2-3 hours in line and enjoy the iPad 2 all weekend. Heck, if you go to the store too late or order online, you might not get yours until they release in Europe.

20. bluemonkeyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I'll play it safe and wait in line. Problem with online ordering is that my father thinks he'll get scammed by Nigerians, don't ask but he wants one too. On that note (for the Apple employees), is there a limit on how many one can buy, can my father's credit card pay for two?