iPad 2 Mail Freezing/virtual sensor issues after 4.3.2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Legion93, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Hi, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this issue, but when I'm using Mail on my iPad 2, it sometimes does not change when I hold the iPad in a particular way, it does not alter the position on the screen, as seen in the photos below. When I hold it upright, it doesn't change and it just freezes like that. Mind you, the app is still useable it's just that the screen doesn't rotate to the desired view when I turn the iPad (either portrait or landscape mode).

Not sure if this is just a minor software bug or something abnormal?

Attached Files:

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. Legion93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Yes, but I cannot be sure other apps may have the problem as well, it just doesn't happen all the time but it is very annoying and I don't know how to fix it, maybe turning the device on/off will do the trick? Either way, so far I've only experienced this issue with the Mail app.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

If your screen lock was on it would effect all of your apps so it would have to be something else. What, I don't know.

5. Jtatton macrumors newbie

Did you find a resolution?

I have the same problem, happens occasionally only in horizontal view, never vertical ...very annoying.