iPad 2 mock-up at CES discussion

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Serianni, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Serianni, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

Serianni macrumors newbie

As most of you know an accessories maker for apple products had a mock-up for the iPad 2 at CES 2011.

It is a rare thing to get a look into an unannounced apple product so I would like to start a discussion about what could be going on with new features!

Let's leave the obvious ones out of this and focus more on the ports that were shown. What could the various size of the ports indicate to be their functions?
    Also the model said it was a 128 GB model. Apple will most likely add the 128 GB as the top. How do you think this would be priced as? And how do you think the price will shift with the new features on the other models as well?

In case you haven't yet watched the video here is a link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E49vIbBplwc

*edit*
    sorry for the misunderstanding about 8GB.

2. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I didn't know there was an 8GB mode, I would have bought that one...

Cloud computing fornthe win.

3. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Never was an 8GB iPad, started with the 16... ;)

4. DukeOfHunslet macrumors member

I work for a mobile phone company in the UK with oxygen in it's name.

Before the iPhone launched in the UK some VERY lucky people in our company got there hands on what can only be described as 'pre-production' models.

These were specially made - so special that they were only 2GB... making it very easy to work out where they came from if they got out into the world.

I'm guessing an 8gb iPad is the same. Special pre-produced in limited numbers for high ranking trade contacts.

5. Gryzor macrumors 6502

That maybe so, but the OP quite mistakenly thought there was a retail 8GB model, so... :rolleyes:

6. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

When they say mockup, I don't believe it was an Apple mockup but rather a dummy made by the company to demo their cases.

7. Serianni thread starter macrumors newbie

True, but companies have to give quite a bit of detail for accessory makers to make adequate use of designing a mock-up. As in accurate dimensions, port locations and power usage..:)

8. Serianni thread starter macrumors newbie

I love cloud as well! Idk where I would be without my pogoplug. There are still quite a bit of bugs to be worked out with as well but it does work adequately. I will probably be getting the largest size one tho so I can laugh at all those with puny hard drives :D I also love downloading tons of apps and I am in a touring band so I get out of 3G range quite a bit! So I like having tons of songs and movies ready. I can't even fit all of my music on my 64 GB iPod Touch let alone my movies, so a 128 would be more than welcome!

9. poloponies macrumors 68030

"Companies" may do this. Apple doesn't.

Look at 5:56 below.

http://live.gdgt.com/2010/07/16/live-iphone-4-press-event-coverage/