iPad 2 Mockup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xxundrclssherox, Jan 3, 2011.

1. xxundrclssherox, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011

xxundrclssherox macrumors newbie

I was looking at all the different articles talking about how the new iPad might have tapered sides like the 4th Gen iPod Touch and decided to make a mockup of it to see what it might look like. I put the camera's and all that on it and also tweaked the front so it has a bigger screen/smaller edges on the outside. What do you think? Feel free to edit the picture to clean it up/add the speaker that is also rumored, this is my first mockup I was just playing around in Photoshop and quickly threw it together by modifying the iPod touch image and overlapping it with the iPad image.

It's an idea.

Attached Files:

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

One: You're missing the flash that should be next to the rear-facing camera, and Two: One article mentioned patents submitted by Apple for a Carbon-fiber backing to replace the aluminum backing.

3. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

That's pretty good for a first attempt. Well done.

You should have pretended to be a far eastern electronics manufacturer and "leak" the image :p

4. xxundrclssherox thread starter macrumors newbie

Carbon fiber?

Kyotama: I added the flash to it, though I'm curious if Apple will add flash like it has it on the iPhone or keep it out like it did on the iPod. And Carbon Fiber? That's an interesting idea, but a little beyond my skill haha.

Adnoh: Thanks! And yeah I should've haha, but the image is not clean enough to look real (at least to me, there are obvious lines here and there that would make it easy to figure out)

5. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

To my knowledge, there's been no rumours about a flash. In all the case "leaks" that I've seen, there's only been one large hole - for the camera.

6. schaabie macrumors member

I hope they continue with the aluminum backing instead of the iPhone 3G & 3GS plastic back. It would look like garbage if it were plastic.

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I honestly doubt that they would put a plastic backing. Even though it would make it lighter, it would be far less stable than aluminum/carbon fiber.

8. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Carbon fiber backing on an iPad is just a pipe dream. It's not nearly as cost-effective as aluminum.

9. jazziethomas macrumors member

If your not an expert you won't notice that the photo is not clean enough, great job on it.