iPad 2 Models at Verizon Stores

Discussion in 'iPad' started by swwack91, Mar 8, 2011.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

It's been announced that Verizon Wireless stores will have the iPad 2 at launch on Friday at 5 PM. Does anyone know if they're going to be stocking the Verizon 3G model in addition to the wifi only model? I'm looking to pick up a wifi only iPad 2 on Friday and will be at a VZW Friday night so I'm hoping I can kill two kids with one stone.

Any intel would be appreciated!

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I suspect Verizon stores will only have Verizon 3G models.

3. Nick521 macrumors member

Originally, I thought they would just have the 3G model because the AT&T stores here in NY didn't have the wifi only model. However, I was in a Verizon store yesterday and the salesperson said they were expecting some wifi only models - not sure how true it is. They are selling them at 5pm.

4. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting. Verizon seems to be pushing their 4G cards pretty hard. I'm not sure if they're selling 4G My-Fi's yet. If they are, I'd suspect they would sell the Wifi models.

5. M87 macrumors 65816

I was in verizon today for something else and asked about the iPad. They said they're definitely getting them friday and will be selling them at 5PM just like Apple. They told me they would only have the verizon models, but they also told me they would be 499, 599 and 699 which is obviously not right.