iPad ipad 2 (new version) 6.1 -> unjailbreak and re jailbreak on same ios, how ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by somethingnew, Jun 17, 2013.

1. somethingnew macrumors newbie

I have ipad 2 wifi, 16gb ... model no MC769X/A and it is currently jailbroken... i think evasi0n.
    i want to unjailbreak it but want to keep the current version ios 6.1 (10B141)

and then re-jailbreak it again... to same version

how do i do above 2 steps?

p.s. the reason i want to unjailbreak and re-jailbreak is there is lot of mess on jb apps, and i cannot clear it, especially mywi ... it's license is expired and i do not know the date when it was originally installed so i cannot go back to that date...

so how i perform unjailbreak to same ios 6.1
    thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I would recommend you wait for this...
    The developer advised it would be out in a week or less.

http://semi-restore.com/

3. somethingnew thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried both Semi-Restore and ilex rat

but

they both leave cydia app

so when i re-install mywi it still says license expired... don't know if it still has some file in ipad which tells that mywi was used before and that does not get removed even after using semi-restore or ilex rat.

i have even re-jailbroken using evasi0n and still mywi says license expired....

what are my options ?

can i unjailbreak ipad and remove everything and has fresh apple build ? if yes, how?

p.s. i tried restore 6.1 ipsw from dfu thinking it will make it unjailbreak, but i am getting 1600 or 1601 error, i have ordered a new data cable to try with different cable
    p.p.s my ipad 2 (new rev) is on ios 6.1 atm. and i have some SHSH blobs saved.

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

1. But a liscence.

2. Ger a diferent teathering app.

5. somethingnew thread starter macrumors newbie

1. very expensive license - $20 ... if it was like $5 I would have bought it

2. I need usb tethering, basically when mywi is used and usb option is selected, then Ipad makes it's own network to which my macbook pro is connected via usb, and they both (my ipad and macbook pro coneected via usb and mywi) can see each other as computers see other computers on same lan/wifi.
    my application is to use ipad with Lemur to send midi commands to macbook pro. I can do wifi ad-hoc connection but that isn't reliable all the time.
    so usb connection with simulated network connectivity seems the best.

6. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

I would pay the $20, and be done with it. I dont usually spend money like that, but if you get tethering with your phone company, it would be about $20 per month extra at least anyway. Can i ask why it must be a usb conection?

7. somethingnew thread starter macrumors newbie

is there any other tethering app that puts ipad and macbook pro connected via usb under one lan network?

----------

I understand your point, of paying $20 once.

I guess other option is to switch to ipad with celluar, so I can use Personal Hotspot and use usb cable to connect both.

wired connection is much stable than ad-hoc wifi connection, as I will be using ipad as my control surface to send midi commands to Traktor DJ and the latency is crucial, so wifi ad-hoc could be lagging and could have stability issues as compared to wired connection

8. TheGoldenApple, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013

TheGoldenApple macrumors newbie

TheGoldenApple

Use some lightning cable and adapter, geez:apple:I have Traktor DJ too