Ipad 2 not charging

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theslaz, Nov 28, 2012.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

Yesterday I ran my iPad 2 out of power; to the state that it shut down. Plugged it into a wall socket to charge. After three hours it was sitting at 20% charged. Shut of the unit and restarted and left it over night. It now was sitting at 52% charged in the morning. Rebooted the iPad; and now after 3 hours it has moved to 61%.
    The wall socket and the charging cable is the one that I use to charge all my Apple devices. It is working as I used it to top of my iPhone this morning.
    What could the problem be.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

Are you using the iPad charger or an iPhone charger?

3. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Original Ipad charger. I use it to charge all my Apple devices. It worked before.

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Have you done this? (from http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html )

"For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)."

If not, could be that your reported state of charge isn't accurate.

5. thegreati macrumors regular

Its either the longevity of the battery is coming to end due to improper charging, your battery % is not properly being displayed or you are not using the right charge and are only getting a trickle charge to the battery.

best of luck!