iPad 2 not showing WiFi

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrcowdude20, Jun 14, 2014.

1. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Whenever I am at home, my wifi never shows up or is even recognized by the iPad. When I go into school, or to another place there is always WiFi. I've tried reseting the network setting, rebooting, force rebooting, airplane mode, restarting the router, I can't find anything.

I can't even tell you how disappointed I am in Apple. Honestly, their service sucks. I called them, some idiot tapped message "guides" you through.... and then my iPad is out of service. UM HELLO APPLE... just because you released two newer products doesn't mean I have to buy them... pathetic. But thats another story.

Hopefully you can help me before I slam a brick on the iPad.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Do you have other devices connecting to your home wifi? That is, you've verified that your home wifi is up and running, and that other devices can see and connect to it?

Also, did you get this iPad recently, and it has never been able to connect to your home wifi, or it was working before, then lost the ability to connect?

And what kind of a router is it?

3. mrcowdude20 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, we have 5 laptops that connect fine, two other iPads and numerous iPhones that connect perfectly.

This is the iPad 2, got it right when it came out.

Router is ActionTec Mi424WR.

Thanks for the response

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Okay, so the iPad 2 was connecting before, and then suddenly it stopped connecting? Do you remember if you changed anything on it around that time?

The one thing I can think of to try is to restore your iPad. I know it's a pain, but sounds like you've already tried everything else.

5. mrcowdude20 thread starter macrumors regular

iPad was working perfect. Next day, it wasn't connected. The wifi wouldn't show up. Just suddenly.

I hadn't changed a thing, nothing on the router, or iPad.

I hope I don't have to restore. This would probably be the 5th time I restored due to iPad problems. Ugh.

6. Aspasia, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014

Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Have you tried telling it to forget the network?

Then type the name of your network in the "other," section, add your password, and then instruct it to "renew lease."

What version of iOS are you using?

7. mrcowdude20 thread starter macrumors regular

My network doesn't even show up in Settings>WiFi. It searches, finds nothing. But my Mac and iPhone search and find it right away.

I am on iOS 7.0.6 jailbroken.

8. SomeRandomAnt macrumors newbie

I do believe that he means that in the Settings>Wifi, you click on the 'Other' button, type in the network credentials, and once connected, click on the network and click 'Renew Lease'.