Ipad 2 Now Available in stores (maybe)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by i-sidd, May 14, 2011.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

So, I went to the apple store this morning actually i just came back from there. Stood in line and they told us that they wont be handing out tickets anymore.

We should be check with then later in the day, coz they will be getting shipments throughout the day.

Now I am assuming this means that the supply is now eased up and they will be having ample stock with them in the store.

Thoughts?

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Why would you make that assumption? One could also assume that they are no longer handing out tickets due to a supply shortage that makes it worthless to stand in line. Or they are tired of people waiting in lines every day.

3. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Built macrumors 68020

I showed up at the Apple Store in Santa Monica (CA) yesterday morning, and was first in line. This was long before opening, but they had a class beginning at 0700 so there were personnel inside.

An Apple employee came out and asked me what I was looking for. I told him 64GB ATT Black and he went and checked. He told me that they, in fact, had them, and would be handing tickets out around 8.

The line continued to grow behind me, and when he came back out with the tickets, he had a STACK of them. I believe everybody...at least those who were there at 8...got what they wanted, except that the 16GB Wifi was not available.

The Apple Store opened promptly at 9 and I was assisted by a great employee who had me on my way in a few minutes. They really had this process down to a science.

So...tickets were being used as late as yesterday, at least in the store to which I went.

5. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

i can confirm that my apple store had a large stock of ipad2 since this late afternoon.

I called them at noon and they said to call back in 2 -3 hours. I called them at around 5:30 and they said they good stock of the ipad2. I got the one I was looking for and when I went there I saw apple employees bringing out a lot of ipads. Check your local apple store.

I think the drought is over.

On a side note is there a way to check the light bleed issue? Also how to find out from serial number if this is a new batch.

6. dlopan macrumors newbie

The store here in Albuquerque has them also. Now I have one as well.
    No waiting in line, no tickets, nothing. I told one of the sales people what I wanted and poof one minute later it was in my hand.

7. sirenized macrumors regular

i walked into an apple store in the boston area at 230 this afternoon and they had ipads just sitting behind the counter waiting for people to buy them

8. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

Mrs. Ironworker was at the Mallinnia Mall in Orlando Fl. yesterday around noon. Stopped in the Apple store to look at cases for her MBP. Asked an employee on the off chance and viola! Walked out with two black 64GB WiFi iPad 2's.

9. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Still handing out tickets in San Francisco Stonestown.

10. Built macrumors 68020

Even as of yesterday, by the time they opened the doors to the Apple Store in Santa Monica, there were probably between 50 and 75 people behind me, if not more.

They handed out the tickets, and once they opened the doors, they led us around to the side of the store where we were each, in turn, assisted by a salesperson.

Very orderly. Very civilized. Personally, I'm happy they handed out tickets.

11. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

My son and I were walking through Target yesterday and I noticed they had one on display and one boxed one in the display case. I don't know which model it was--I didn't feel like asking.

12. CrockettGTO macrumors regular

Needed to have a ticket this morning for wifi only in Austin TX. I was 2nd in line this morning and got there at 7:15 AM. They only had 2 16gig wifi (1 black and 1 white), 1 32 gig black and a few 64 gig in both colors in wifi only flavor. They had a bunch more wifi & 3G models in all capacities other than 16 gig.

13. oscarc macrumors newbie

Walked into the Apple Store in Montgomery Mall at 12:15 today and they had several models still available, including the 16GB Wi-Fi in black and white. The associate told me they received a bigger shipment today than they have been. Walked out with a black 16GB iPad about 20 minutes later!

14. ericts8 macrumors newbie

Which store?