iPad 2 Obervations

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RogersDA, Mar 25, 2011.

1. RogersDA macrumors 6502

I have a new iPad 2 WiFi-only. It's about 48 hours out-of-the-box.

Twice now the rotate feature has stopped working. The lock rotation is not enabled. The only way to get the rotation to work is to turn the whole unit off and then on again.

Apps will just freeze. IBooks is a big one that does this all the time when browsing the book store. Other apps, both iPad-sized and iPhone-sized apps, will just crash.

This is annoying.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. RogersDA thread starter macrumors 6502

Did that. Set it up as new and still get the very random rotation lock. A lot of apps juste crash - far more than I would expect from the apps. NASDAQ's QFolio HD, iBooks, Tapatalk, and Twitter, for example. There are others, too.

And why does the App Store(R) Games category never show a full listing of games unless you select "Release Date" as the sort criteria? Even then, you can't filter the games by popularity or other criteria.

4. nutmac macrumors 68040

It sounds like you may have a lemon. Contact Apple (or setup an appointment at local Apple Store).

As for the App Store, it sounds like you will be better served by going to "Top Charts" then click on Category button on the upper left corner. It will list apps based on popularity, with separate lists for paid and free apps.

5. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Had mine last Friday (Canadian) and used it for about 12 hours and no problem at all. I'm even using some apps you report are crashing
    Go see Apple...

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i just want to know what "obervations" means.

7. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Lemon. Take it back for sure.

Also, he could be new to typing on an iPad and typoed, chill out about the spelling mistake. Geez people here are sardonic jerks sometimes...

8. RogersDA thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah...probably going to go back this weekend.

And I apologize for the typo. I didn't mean to cause any obfuscation.