iPad iPad 2 on iOS 6.0.1 (battery)

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by puertorioninja5, Nov 14, 2012.

1. puertorioninja5 macrumors newbie

Hey, after browsing these forums for a while, I figure I should help contribute to the greater mass of the community. :apple:

Anyways, I received an iPad 2 back in February of this year (the month before the Retina iPad 3) with iOS 5.0.1 shipped on it. I have since updated to iOS 6 and then the subsequent 6.0.1 on it and I have found that sometimes if I reboot the iPad 2, the battery percentage is sometimes 5% off and goes up about 5% after rebooting.

The same problem persists sometimes if I plug in the wall charger. It doesn't always go up by 5% but it still goes up immediately and seeing how it feels like I have OCD it drives me nuts.

I also have it sometimes where it'd be a decent way away from the battery being dead and it would say it needed to charge (I was on a Skype call and had 6% remaining and the iPad shut off)

So yeah, I have only had this unit for 8 months now and I feel this is an iOS 6 bug. Anyone else here have this?

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Nothing wrong at all. My iPhone 5 and ipad 4 occasionally do this. Most likely due to battery not being calibrated.

Long story short....battery will die when it's dead. Percent is just a guess

3. puertorioninja5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eh, it used to not do this, but I guess times are a-changin'.

4. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Not sure why it's a big deal not effecting anything if it bothers you that much turn off battery percent