iPad 2 only partially sync's "My Photos" folders

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by exthree, Oct 13, 2011.

1. exthree macrumors newbie

I just upgraded to iPad 2 and attempted to sync everything I have on my original iPad from my PC. When it came to my photo library, with about 6,000 photos, the iPad 2 synced only 8 of the 30 folders that I have. I got an error message that, "iPad cannot sync xxx.jpg" Any ideas what might be causing this limitation on my iPad 2?

2. rteruszkin macrumors newbie

I'm also facing this issue, did you find any solution for that?

I'm also facing this issue, did you find any solution for that?

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Could be a corrupted .jpg. If you can narrow it down and remove it might continue. If you can't isolate a single .jpg removes the folder it stopped on. If that works then you can add each .jpg one at a time from the folder until you find the bad one. I've had this problem with videos and found the bad one.

4. exthree thread starter macrumors newbie

My Photos Folder Too Large for One Sync

Hey guys...I tried breaking up my photos (over 6,000) into smaller sync's and everything worked fine, just took a little longer. I also followed the troubleshooting tip to isolate the USB connection to the back of my PC for maximun power and speed to the iPad.

5. StuartK macrumors newbie

I'm having the same trouble. Splitting into smaller chunks was my first thought but that didn't work either. I just bought an ipad 2 for my wife at the weekend. Everything else has sync'd over OK but syncing photos from iphoto11 on my iMAc (OS Lion) using iTunes results in an error which says something like " some of your photos including imgX.jpg could not be transferred as they are not suitable for ipad". The photos I'm trying to transfer are all unedited jpgs in iphoto imported originally direct from my camera. The only photos that do sync across are third party jpg's downloaded from facebook or flickr from friends. The only difference I can see is that these photos are smaller in size in terms of resolution and storage space.

Is there a maximum size either in resolution or MB that ipad will not accept?

This is getting frustrating!